Page 451 of 911  •  Prev 1 ... 449 450 451 452 453 ... 911 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: The Front Desk
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 9:44AM #4501
lapatosu

It is good to hear that most folks had a happy Easter weekend, and that you get to end your fasts, Joycie and JB.

I'm doing fine, here in Oklahoma.  I haven't been on B'net for awhile, just because I really don't have anything new to say.  I mean, how many times can I type - did housework, garden work, took meds, light therapy, exercised....which is pretty much what my days are.

Mind you, I love the fact that it is what my days are like now, such a wonderful contrast to the way it was 10 years ago, before being diagnosed.  But still.  Real life is calling, and it just seems to be that I don't get to the  computer much....so, I've decided to just concentrate on posting once a day on facebook, where most of y'all are anyways.

Also, I'm just getting tired of jumping through all the hoops to get to this site.  Log-in, get sent to the home page, then the forum page and then finally to the depression page, with all the pop up adds to wade through, trying to find the little, tiny "x" to close down the window.....

So...JB - I saw that you mentioned the former host.  She is fine.  She is one that I do e-mail with, after having found her phone number again which is now disconnected, so it was a serendipity thing.  And anyone else, if you want to e-mail, I'm on hotmail.  It may take awhile to get back to you, but I will try.

Hoping each and everyone of you has a blessed, healthy, safe day.

Lynne
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 10:42AM #4502
CarenR

Lapatosu-you have been missed and I would like your email. so can you get it to me?

it has been very hot here .94 degrees yesturday. 85 today

Joyceb- hope your day at work is ok. and you make many tips.

May God bless you today

hugs, cAren

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 10:25PM #4503
JoyceB53

Caren, that really is hot, isn't it?  Too hot for me, and I know we will be dealing with temps like that before too long here in the sunny south.   ick.   Work hasn't been too bad the past couple days, but nope, not a lot of money.  Did you have a good Easter?

Lap, I'm glad to see you back and will start chasing you down on fb...I'm most days, and usually in the evenings.   Thanks for letting me know about NHT.  I'm glad she's doing well.

Nothing much to say, so, hope y'all sleep well tonight and have a good Wednesday, hear?  God bless.

Today is the day that the Lord hath made; we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

---Psalm 118:24
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 5:11PM #4504
Carelee

Dear All,

I'm glad everyone had a good Easter.  I went to my son's girlfriends house. It was ok but didn't really know anyone.  I've been really lazy lately.  Don't know why, just no engery.  Lap, I check the box on the end of this respone box so when someone post it comes up on my e-mail and i don't have to go though all the other stuff.  But what ever you are doing we all like to hear from you.  You are important to the group and help hold us all together, the same with all of us.  we need each other for support.  I look forward to reading the post and knowing I'm not alone, even if it is just talking about making the bed.  So I hope you post  more . 

I have the girls today the first time in a week or so, my daughter was mad at me so she didn't bring them over.  Another point in needing the group. 

I was watching the Bill Gather Sunday group.  They were talking about how God loves us no matter what, I starting thinking about all the things I have done to get people to love me in this life time.  I'm not sure it was so healthy.  So afriad of being alone and sitting here alone.  What a waste of time.  Knowing I'm love for who I am is a really stagering thought.

Well, I better check on the little darlings I'll post more later.  love Carrie

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 9:01PM #4505
karbie

One thought that staggered me years ago was that if I was still beating myself up over something in the past that I couldn't forgive myself for--even though there was no way to change it, and the results of those actions are part of who I am today...if I'd asked God to forgive me,how could I doubt I'd been forgiven? Or that there had been a reason for things that I can't understand here. (Part of those doubts were imposed on me in the earlier years of my marriage--if you always expected a virgin, don't marry a divorced woman.) We went to marriage counseling, and he was told that some day I would grow up and leave him. That was after he was cursing because I didn't always have all the labels of things facing forward and stacked by kinds of vegetetables. Hey, I didn't work in a grocery store--sue me.

It snowed here last night and was spitting ice pellets in the rain on the way back from the nerve block. I pretty much slept through Easter--the kids were spending it with her folks, which is great. These 68 degrees followed by 20 something degree nights is playing havoc with our joints. We have a frost warning for tonight, just as the lilacs are beginning to bloom. There are some on the corner and some across the street, so I will get to them this year.

This doctor isn't as smooth as Dr.Bressi, but then Bressi started out as an anesthesiologist; it was fairly quic since I no longer have to change clothes at all. As for being put to sleep--it's twilight sleep; you aren't under very deep. Just basically you have a saline drip and a pain shot. One of the nurses told me that I was tough not to be sedated---I told her that after you've had your throat cut under a local, nothing else was a problem. Even then, it was a choice of having the doctor more or less lance it or having my throat explode, something I could tell would have happened sometime during that night at the earliest.  It was just sweet that the doctor was more freaked out than I was about the whole thing, poor baby. If he ever has to do  it again for a patient, at least he'll know he can do it.

We all need to be loved--that's universal, and a lot of acting out or bad choices can come from it if we've been deprieved of love or acceptance. That's what we get from each other here, and we aren't judging each other or concerned with what the other has except for hoping we all have what we need to get by. We don't need to worry about anything we say circulating in our own neighborhoods, families, etc., so we can gripe when we need to and know that our friends have just let us get a little poison out of our systems.

I wouldn't have expected the person I married to be as waarm, supportive and loving as the person I'm married to now. He was so happy Monday--new record--2 hot meals in one day and while I did clear out the sink in the morning, the dinner dishes waited until breafast the next day. Nothing major--dinner was whole wheat spaghetti, meat sauce I had frozen, and asparagus. He couldn't have been happier--my serving was a lot smaller, mainly because by the time I finish cooking I'm too nauseaus from pain to want to eat or even be able to sometimes. I came home and was asleep a little over an hour later.

Just thought I'd check in--and I do love all of you.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 11:22PM #4506
JoyceB53

Good evening, every one.   (((((((KARBIE)))))))   (((((((CARRIE)))))))   I'm tired, and thought that giving out hugs...deeply felt ones...would be easier than trying to carry on a coherent conversation.  (((((((EVERYONE HERE)))))))

End of the week for me.   Y'all sleep well tonight and have a good Thursday, hear me?  I'm headed over to FB to stalk Lap now, lol.  God bless.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 11:08AM #4507
CarenR

good thursday  mornin- Well I have a cleaning lady here. she is doing all my windows and cleaning  my house. I am going to be listing my house in a  few days for sale. when it sells then I will move to another house in Surprise , Arizona. 15 mins from mine. I own the other house but my daughter and grandkids live it...

The weather cooled down to 80 today. yeah.....

JOyceb- so it is your day off today. what fun are you having?

Lapatosu- I miss you.... but I did see you on FB on wed.

May God bless  you today..

hugs, CAren

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 1:39PM #4508
JoyceB53

Good afternoon, y'all...hope everyone is having a good day.  It's nippy here again, down to 58ºF, and I actually had to turn my heat back on this morning. 

Caren, nope, nothing really fun planned for this week's days off at all, not even a library run.  Well, unless they call me to tell me one or more of the books I've ordered have come in, that is!   As it is right now, tho, I've got plenty books to read as well as about six magazines I haven't even opened yet, and plenty of groceries, so i don't need to go to the grocery store.  I'm all set.     Now, when your cleaning lady finishes your house, send her to me, ok?  Are you looking forward to moving in with your daughter and granddaughter?

So, nothing to really talk about, I've swished the toilet, gotten dressed, and made the bed...taken my vitamins and meds...drawn today's Zentangle and got another one half finished, just for the pure pleasure of drawing one.

Work was ok this week, made a little over $40 two of the three days, so that was good.  It's just so sad to be so pleased at making $40, when I can remember that a $40 day wasn't considered a good day at all!!!   I've been giving some serious thought to asking the boss if I can pick up another day, sigh...and no, of course i don't want to, and no, I'm not sure I'll be able to do it comfortably, either.  Possibly if I could get a day off between day #3 and day #4, but I'm not sure he can do it without messing up several other people's schedules.  Sooooooo...I guess i can ask him.  maybe.

So there ya have it for today, i guess.  Same old boring crap as every other day, lol, but hey, at least things are basically going well for me, and I'm grateful for that.

Hoping that everyone has a good day!!  God bless.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 1:59PM #4509
JoyceB53

What has happened to this board?  It used to be such a busy board that, when I first started posting here, missing one day meant that I would have to go back about three pages to catch up with everyone.  This is terrible.  If we don't start using this board more, I'm afraid that bnet might shut it down, and then what's going to happen to me?  I need this board, sigh.  Anyway....

Again, no plans for the day, just some chores around the house:  wash a load of towels, do the dishes, and hopefully sweep and mop the kitchen floor, possibly the bathroom, as well.  The laundry and vacuuming can wait until tomorrow.

Lots of reading, some computer time, and artwork...mostly Zentangles, altho I've started a two page spread in my small journal that needs to be finished.

I don't remember if I mentioned it or not, but after work Wednesday I bought a pint of Breyer's vanilla bean ice cream, the first ice cream I've had since before Lent started, right?  Usually I wait until I've had some real food before I eat the ice cream, but since it had been so long, I just said the heck with it and sat down and finished off the whole pint.  That was around 10pm.  Around 4am I was totally miserable:  Swollen, stomach pains, and you can probably guess the rest, I'm sure.   When I got up around noontime, I was depressed, logey, no energy, couldn't really wake up, and pretty much stayed that way for the whole day.  Soooooo, I think it's pretty much definitive that ice cream is a toxic food for me, sigh.  Crap!!    Hopefully I can abstain from it from now on.  Eating just a small portion is out of the question for me, I have NO control once I get started(that's part of my addictive personality, y'know), so I can't buy it with the idea of "just a little bit" at a time.  No, no, no, no, no!  It's a cryin' shame, too, because y'all know that I've been so pleased at how good I've been feeling the past month or so, and to blow it all with something I love so much?  Heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking!  Ah, well, we do live and learn, right?

My dad called me about 12:15 noontime and I was still in bed...and lately, that's unusual, too, as I've been up between 11 and 11:30, which I like.  So I just rolled over and dozed off for another 15 minutes, knowing I'd call him back later.  Once I took my vitamins and meds and got about half a cup of coffee down, I called him back and we had a really nice conversation.  He's doing well, and was about to make a couple pounds of chocolate/peanut butter fudge.  He makes some of the best fudge, seriously.  People actually call him and order it, and pay for it.  And, next week my sister is buying him...finally...a computer, and I'm just thrilled, I really am.  He has refused to have one for years now,  but once he has it, and gets the hang of it, I think he's going to love it.

And since I'm talking to myself here,  I guess I don't have anything else to say.  Plus, it's time to have something for breakfast, probably a couple poached eggs and maybe some cheese grits.  Not really sure yet, tho.  Anyway, I hope that everyone is having a good day(we'll not mention that it's Friday the 13th, lol)and is feeling good.  I'm feeling a little better than I was yesterday, but can still tell that I'm a little "off" from the way I've been feeling lately.  You are what you eat, I guess.  Sigh.  God bless.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 5:20PM #4510
CarenR

HI joyceb: I will post more ok

the news just said that there is a tornado. on the ground in Norman, OK. where Lapatosu lives. I said a little prayer for her family.

Today I went out in a cab. It was expensive. but with no Car.

I had salmon and broccoli to eat.. and clam chouder.

May God bless you today,

hugs, cAren

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 451 of 911  •  Prev 1 ... 449 450 451 452 453 ... 911 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook