Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View the caretaking journey
9 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2008 - 3:15PM #1
yogalover
I just learned last Wednesday that my husband has Alzheimer's.  He is still quite capable but would like some support and suggestions on how to maintain my sanity and not lose my health during this journey.  My biggest concern is finances.  We are both retired.  He does not have a pension and I have a small pension.  I work from home which helps some.  I have heard horror stories about placing loved ones in nursing homes and using all your savings in the process.  We raised five kids and do not have a lot of money saved.  Please pray for my family.  thank you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2008 - 8:41PM #2
dakota
Have you heard of Cosa? I'm in Pa. and low income people can contact them and you will get some free help. I work for a company that cosa is under. I go to the ladies home and help her a few hours a day. They can help you with alot of things that are free . There are also places that you can take him like daycare. I'll be praying for you. This is a difficult time of your life. My mom had sever mental illness for the last 20 years of her life. I took care of her. It was hard but, I'm so glad that  I was able to care for her. Take care.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook