Switch to Forum Live View Accupuncture and a slow healing process
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2008 - 9:50AM #1
Motherhealer13
I went to the Accupuncturist Tuesday Jan 8th for the first time.

He had me on my stomach, and I didn't feel the needles going in too much. I think he may put a little novacaine on the skin first.

After my first session w/him, I felt so much more loose in my shoulders. I did though, have a huge swollen bump in my left wrist, kinda pooled there. I told him it hurt, and he saw it then began to massage it down. It hurt like a Mo Fo, but he told me he had to get it down.

This first session did cause me to have swelling in the side of my left wrist and knuckles. I've never swelled before this. I gotta say it lasted that evening(the absence of pain)and into the next morning.

But, b/c I did too much work Wednesday, it was hurting pretty bad all the rest of the week.

I went again on Saturday Jan 19th. This time he worked on my front side. My left arm and wrist were killing me. My left wrist was not only numb(painfully)but, just aching like no one can believe. On a pain level between 1-10 it was a 9. I told him of this, and he put a few more pins in me. Wierd thing, my left side is my problem side(energy(he said)) and my right side is OK(blood side). So I have a blockage in my energy side. But, the Degenerative Arthritis in my neck caused such pain in the nerve in the left arm, I almost was crying.

All I could think of was 'I need a pain pill...I need a pain pill...I need a pain pill' and I got through that part of the session.

He didn't finish there, he had me on my stomach next. This was so much better. Now the left wrist and last two fingers on that wrist were numb w/o pain(still numb). But by the end of this part, I was in 7th heaven. I could feel the diff immediately.

The Dr. told me I must rest that left arm after my sessions. Good thing I go on Saturday.

Now, this lasted all through the weekend, until Sunday at the swap meet, when I stand still and my arm is hanging down, it begins to hurt again.

The absense of pain is wonderful. I can bend down and put my socks on again(w/o obstruction of my belly it would be easier)but I still can lean forward so much better. The loseness in my shoulders is shocking. All those years of stress and tension, cause our tightness that builds up in layers. As I'm writing now I have to remind myself to loosen up my shoulders, and push them down.

So, I can't wait for my next session this Saturday. I'll write leter, Tams
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2008 - 9:20PM #2
Motherhealer13
Thank God I had an appt today.  The last two days rained so hard here in Cali.  I love the rain.  I love to be in the rain.  I love the cleanliness after a rain.  BUT......I my Arthritis hurt like a Mo Fo!  I hated to have to take pain pills at work, but it was almost unbearable.  The pain was down to the bone, in my left elbow and wrist. 

So, even though I'm really hot blooded, I had to wear a jacket at work, since the warmth helped the pain to not be so intense.

So, off I I went again to the Accupuncturist today.

When I was on my back, my left hand wasn't in as much pain as last Saturday.  I also found out that even though the pinched nerve is in my neck causing this, it's not just my left side of the neck, it's also the right side too.

So, in went the needles....agains, I didn't feel more than two go in, he's that good.

I then turned over for him to do my back side.

I again have an absence of pain. 

I don't know how many trips I will need, but it only gets better from here. 

I must take care of myself now, b/c when my husband retires, we will be on a strict budget.

So, please think about finding a good Accupuncturist, Therapist, Accupressure, or whatever to get better.  We cannot do it by ourselves, we must be open to new ways of healing, w/something that will work if given enough time.

I found out my problem could also be, that my Reiki sessions helping others to heal, is causing me to pick up a bit of their blocking energies.  I must clear myself better, and cut the cords to the healing session w/others better. 

I'm learning Tai Chi also, to strengthen my mobility, and prevent my muscles from atrophying.

We will see.  This is my update.  Let's hope this session will last a little longer than just two days or so.

Tams
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2008 - 8:59AM #3
SISTERMIMI
Mother,

Remember this, all things are transient and all are impermanent.  This is my wish that swiftness of both will be that with of your pain.  Miss our chats.  Hate to bother you at work.-------love, Eve
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2008 - 3:08PM #4
Motherhealer13
Eve,

I've thought of you often, and I will call you one morning to chat again.  I have been trying to read my way through the pain, and not be on-line too often.  So, I Copy and paste my stuff, and don't have to type again.

Miss you, Tams
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2008 - 7:24PM #5
SISTERMIMI
Tams,  thought this might make you smile---

Miss you, too---love, Eve

Tams, remember that "cleansing" exercise to taught me---wipe it off past yourself !!!!!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2008 - 5:22PM #6
Motherhealer13
Yes Eve I have been doing that exercise, especially wiping off my long hair.  Stuff stays in there too.  Tams
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook