6 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2008 - 6:00AM #1
Pookie128
Hi, I am 39 yrs old an have been in a series of abusive relationships since I was 13 yrs old. I do know the struggle with the getting out , dealing with low self-esteem, shame etc. It took me along time before I realized I was worthy of finding real happiness and love and that was to myself. I finally did but the road I had to take taught me alot of life lessons. Instead of blaming I found Responsibility, instead of caretaking I found that others can do for themselves, instead of feeling shame I found that as a person & a woman that I deserve alot more out of life.
It was a hard struggle but because of the Grace of God I am here to tell my story and hopefully give someone the courage and strength to see that they deserve a life of happiness & Peace.
God Be With You.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2008 - 4:26PM #2
joycon
HI Pookie, glad you have found such healing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2008 - 8:26PM #3
ODIECOM
[QUOTE=Pookie128;698047]Hi, I am 39 yrs old an have been in a series of abusive relationships since I was 13 yrs old. I do know the struggle with the getting out , dealing with low self-esteem, shame etc. It took me along time before I realized I was worthy of finding real happiness and love and that was to myself. I finally did but the road I had to take taught me alot of life lessons. Instead of blaming I found Responsibility, instead of caretaking I found that others can do for themselves, instead of feeling shame I found that as a person & a woman that I deserve alot more out of life.
It was a hard struggle but because of the Grace of God I am here to tell my story and hopefully give someone the courage and strength to see that they deserve a life of happiness & Peace.
God Be With You.[/QUOTE]

WAY TO GO POOKIE. glad to hear of your freedom.
odie
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2008 - 3:36PM #4
Heismyall
God is your protector and your sheild always, I know I have been there too.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook