Sticky: New: Pain Management Page
7 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2008 - 9:34AM #11
agholde
What is Title 19?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 26, 2008 - 8:49PM #12
drjean
Have you also tried a pain management clinical psychologist? The mind-body connection is an important one to address, and it sounds like your regular doctors are only addressing the physical aspects.
  Chronic pain wears us down, not just physically but psychologically.  We need to have our cognitive processes at their best to fully manage such pain.  I am a strong believer in God, but also realize that the psychologist is another gift/tool that God gives us to help us.  If you don't know how one can help you, then you need to see one and find out. (((hugs)))
  Good wishes
  drjean
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 31, 2008 - 3:46PM #13
eshaneh
Jmriah74,

There is a great book called "Living Beyond Your Pain" by JoAnne Dahl.  I think it might be of help to you.

Traction helped me with my bulging disc.  I have only minor sciatica pains now, the pain was once unbearable.  But traction might not be right for you.  Hopefully you have a PT to guide you.

Blessings,
Erica
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2008 - 4:37PM #14
robb4265
[QUOTE=drjean;525759]Have you also tried a pain management clinical psychologist? The mind-body connection is an important one to address, and it sounds like your regular doctors are only addressing the physical aspects.
  Chronic pain wears us down, not just physically but psychologically.  We need to have our cognitive processes at their best to fully manage such pain.  I am a strong believer in God, but also realize that the psychologist is another gift/tool that God gives us to help us.  If you don't know how one can help you, then you need to see one and find out. (((hugs)))
  Good wishes
  drjean[/QUOTE]
Pain Managment Psycologist? I've heard that my Dr has one on staff and have even wondered if I would be able to speak to her. When I've ask about her I've gotten some pretty strange looks. How can I find out for sure if my pain managment dr has a psycologist on staff? I've suffered chronic pain since I was 13 years old I am now 45. I also battle bipolar manic depression to make matters even worse.
Any advice from any one?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 05, 2008 - 10:07PM #15
diamondjoyce
[QUOTE=MaineiacMa;351563]Hi Just this min. joined this site.  As interested in seeing and hearing some idea TX just maybe I have not found or tried, but doubt, as I have been now 4 yrs and gone from PT- accupuncture which did work, but insurance does not cover enough appt's.  Anyway wonder if you have been diagnoised with Fibromyalgia?, or the other less common Poly=can't now remeber how to spell, my mom has it, came on suddenly, with groin pain, it was so bad ambulance called and she doesn't do that, hospitalized, and all kinds of tests.  Rhuemo found the disease your symptoms sound like one of these[/QUOTE]
I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia almost a year ago, my neurologist is wonderful, I have had 3 serious car accidents also (none my fault) so I lower back pain and a serious neck injury.  My doctor gave me a script for a jacuzzi and it is the best thing for this type of pain and my back.  It is a theraputic jacuzzi that has 2 lay back areas and one deep seat.  On the deep seat I sit backwards and have the jets hit the entire groin and lower legs, even the sides.  It was built special and has 72 jets and sits 5, but I think the 5 is because of the way the jets are positioned to get all areas of your body.  I have jets in the headrest also that I put on low for relief, you are able to control the pressure of the jets.  I have to say, I go into the jacuzzi every night at 9:00 and the timer is set for 30 minutes.  Then of course there is a series of pain medication and Lyrica that I take.  If you would like to talk further, let me know.  I have had this doctor for 23 years.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2008 - 5:52PM #16
rubypoet
Hi jmriah74, You poor dear sweetheart. Don't let them do anymore surgery. Look where it's got cha, now??? of course, I'll pray for you, look up Misty101, she'll help with all your prayer requests, or just go to my site, look up my friends, she'll be there, and I'll be glad to be your friend, of course. I personally just have scoliosis, which is just curvature of the spine, but the've got me on TR Morphine and breath through pain med, Roxicet. Works really well, keep it tamped down to a manageable level.  Of course, some days I stand up straighter than others, ha ha! Try looking into lazer therapy, and back stretching techniques. A friend of mine in TX was big time surgery bound, and he did the stretching, by a DR and on a machine, but a nice one, no pain, and no forcing, real slow streatching!! It saved him. I only wish I knew what the name of it was???? HELP!!!

NOW TO Elves, don't know the #'s, sorry, you poor baby, Look, get on Achess medical, thru Dept of Economic Security, found in phone book, under your State section, "Social Services" under that DES It's where you go to get Food Stamps, well they have the best Medical insurance there, I'm still on it, even tho I finally got Disability (Had to Hire a company to help me, on my 3rd try) and in all honesty, I think they gave it to my because my thing Physch had a thing for diagnosing everybody with Manic Depressive! Which may have gotten me the disability, but no body ever thought I was manic depressive and they still don't. I have a very mild depression, just situational. I'm lucky, I know it.! I was MUCH MORE depressed Just Trying to GET Disapbiliity. Get HELP, and go get DES's help, also. You'll get it, just fill out application, which you can call for, ask for everything!, they'll tell you what you need to bring in, don't wait! Then, you get free cab rides to DR and Pharmacy. oh yeah, you need this, everybody, need it, that doesn't have insurance through work, or even if you've got Medicare, like me, now, I kept it, it's my First Insurance, Ipicked Mercy Care, because it's a Catholic Insurance and ALSO because they allow a lot more procedures and meds and Dr visits!!! and they carry you to it all for free! What more can you  ask for. Remember this, God helps those who help themselves. Sometimes, but best way to do that is to ask God for help! He's just WAITING for us to turn to him. It breaks his heart when we don't, so just talk to him, like you'd talk to a neighbor, no fancy prayers are required, nor are they preferred. He  already knows everything we think. And here's something we all need to remember, NOT EVERY THOUGHt WE HAVE IS TRUE!!!!
Good Luck and Happy Landings, Rebecca in Tucson, AZ
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2008 - 1:52PM #17
FLGUY55
Failed back surgery well I have have 19 of these failed back surgeries I would like to tell every one do not have the first one because it will not be your last one I am fussed from S1 to L2  I have a DCS and a morphine pump plus i take 360mg of oxy a day. I was put in this place by a drunk truck driver who t-boned my van I am lucky to be here (ha ha) my neck is also fused at L4 and L6 with metal implants and some one's eles bone. I would tell everyone if your disc is badly injured then have it taken care of. I will tell you that once you lose the felling in your limbs it will never come back you have lost it for ever.

I am sorry to tell you that you need the next surgery your back does not have the support to keep you supported so the pain is going to get to the point were you will not walk or even stand again.

so GOD BLESS YOU and GOOD LUCK.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 23, 2008 - 10:10AM #18
sanmarcoslady
[QUOTE=Beth228;395589]I also have chronic pain due to fibromyalgia.  I thought I found the best rheumatologist to handle this and was on a waiting list for 7 months to get in to see him.  He has had me so drugged from morphine, codeine, opiates, etc. since I started seeing him.  The pain finally got better with the medication but I am worse because I can't get off the meds.  He has me on 28 different medications and it is breaking us even though we only have to pay deductibles.  The doctor now will only take patients on a cash only basis and we don't know what to do.  I tried to go off the meds myself and got so sick I thought I would die.  I am searching now for a place where I can be medically stabilized and gotten off of all the meds.  Anybody know where to turn from here?[/QUOTE]

Look for another rheumatologist - or get family doctor involved to help you get off the meds.  Sounds like this doc is the one in Harlingen Tx that treats his patients with huge amounts of meds.  Doesn't help them really, but does drive up the cost of pain.  I never was fast enough to get in to see this guy, thank God.  I did finally find a terrific doctor in Central Texas who has been a real lifesaver.  I have Sjogren's Syndrome, fibro, chronic myafacial pain, degenerative bone disease, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, scoliosis (from the chronic myafacial pain pulling my spine out of alignment), all of the problems from Sjogren's Syndrome (dry eyes, mouth, esophagus, lack of moisture in stomach for digestion, extremely dry skin, right lung involvement, nerve damage in each appendage and across my face from right to left, leaving my lower lip weak and leaking down my chin, which in itself is amazing since I don't have very much saliva! and so the list goes on.
I cannot stress getting with a doctor that really cares about you as a patient and not as a dollar sign.  Just makes you wonder how much that doctor gets in kick backs for prescribing Big Pharma drugs...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2008 - 10:33PM #19
cyanarella
I blew out my back in 1996. I have no idea how I did it. I woke up fine. I went to sleep the night before fine. But throughout the day I started spasming and my back totally turned on me. A couple days later I went to a chiropractor and was told that my L4-L5 where ruptured....

Since then I have made some huge changes. One is I try really hard to keep my core in shape. I eat a non inflamatory diet and also always maintain a decent weight.....It makes a huge difference.

Anyway a couple years ago my back blow ups would get worse and worse and my doctor tried the Pain Master patch on me.....He got some samples....

It was amazing...

Trust me if you have any kind of pain from in your lower back or have any other kind of chronic pain you need to try it.  Its small and I wear it on my lower back.

One patch works for 500 hours and cost me about 26.00 from my doctor.

I am in the U.S. but I found them in Canada at www.painmastercanada.com
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2008 - 8:58AM #20
AngelFinds
Cyanarella:  Thanks for the input. I was prescribed numerous meds and had pain patches too. I have a few left and they do help. Currently, almost no meds but I seemed to have improved without them. Took me months of detox and I was in bed. Different today. Insurance takes effect in Jan. Need to keep your info in mind for future use.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook