7 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2007 - 2:55AM #1
iamelting
I sure could use your prayers and good thoughts. I have seen the same rheumatologist for the past ten years. She is great and I really bonded with her and have had an open relationship. The problem is a visit with her runs $500 plus lab bills. The good news is I have finally been given Medicare benefits which is saving me close to $900 a month in insurance costs.
the bad news is the Dr. does not accept the secondary insurance so next Friday, I will be seeing a new Dr. I have researched him and he has education in very good schools and hospitals and is board certified but so many people have had problems getting the right medications with some Dr.s not even willing to write narcotic perscriptions. I know that I should not be worryinfg until there is something to worry about but my proactive personality says to reach out to my friends for prayer requests to insure that this will all work out.
Thanks for listening and your love and support.
Lulu
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2007 - 3:54AM #2
colossians3_12
I'll certainly keep you in my prayers.  I just hate it that so many of our medical decisions have to be made on this basis!  This is my #1 domestic issue in the coming election.

We're about to be without medical insurance again, and Medicare is a long way away for my husband and me.  I'm glad you have some coverage, but I do wish you could stay with a doctor who has done you so much good.

Leigh
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2007 - 5:40AM #3
ceks1953
Prayers being sent your way.  Try not to worry, that will make your pain worse.  The Dr. may be willing to just continue the meds you have been on, especially if they have been helping.  Could you maybe get your Dr. to write a note to the new Dr?  She might do it and it would go a long way in getting the meds you need.  Take care and Happy New Year.  CarolS.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook