Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View How do you release anger?
7 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2007 - 10:55PM #1
skylark
Hi Everyone!  I have reccently started therapy and my psychologist asked me how I release all my anger.  I have the anger that stems from ordinary life but I also has anger from abuse, past relationships and my family.  The answer is I turn it inward into self loathing which is I recognise is very ugly indeed. 

So I'm looking for positive ways to release anger.  Any suggestions or things that work for you?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2007 - 11:10PM #2
Jayofmyheart34
Hey Skylark this is Rachel and this question to Me can be considerd the million dollar one! I have long wondered how do I let out My anger in such a way that it does not damage Me or anyone else? And I would have 2 say one way is confiding in a good friend that is non judgemental and will sympathize with what I am going through. I know another that works 4 Me is confronting face on what upset Me be it a situation or the person. It can be hard because emotions are involved but its so much better than allowing the anger to eat You up. Because I too start to persecute Myself but lately I confront the person as best as I can and even if they respond sour I did what I had to do and I stood up for how I was feeling! Well I hope I helped a little and You take care.               Love Rachel.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2007 - 11:28AM #3
lapatosu
First I realize that anger is an emotion, caused by my not being in control of a situation, that I want to have control.  Next, do a quick check to see if I'm responding with anger, due to my uni-polar (ask someone else, whose judgment I respect, if my anger is reasonable or not).  If not, go down my checklist of health steps to make sure I'm keeping to the program.  If all else fails, schedule an appointment with the therapist.

However, if the anger is reasonable, I try and figure out a way to change the situation so it doesn't invoke the anger response. If it is a personal relationship, I negotiate a truce, distance myself from the relationship, or end it all together.

In the end though, it boils down to simply realizing that once the situation that sparked the anger is in the past, I truly have to let it go.  That is where I rely on the training of my chosen spiritual path. 
Lynne
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2007 - 1:57PM #4
Nay_ho_tze
Hello skylark:

[COLOR=black][FONT=Century Gothic]Welcome to Beliefnet’s multi-faith depression support where those of all faiths participate, [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Century Gothic]and where no single faith is more dominant than another.

I am so sorry for the tough time you've been having,
but by the same token, I’m glad you found this corner of Beliefnet.
This is a mighty fine, caring, supportive group.

In an effort to offer some potentially immediate and available relief,
I invite you to click here to get to a thread titled “Newcomers Corner.”
In addition to providing links to informative discussions on the board,
it also contains a number of helpful, simple yet commonly overlooked
remedies and strategies for coping with depression.

Also I invite you to click here to get to a thread titled “Nutritional Support.”
People are often surprised to learn how closely related nutrition is
to their mental health and sense of well-being;
for instance, deficiencies in vitamin B complex have been clinically implicated
in such mental issues as depression, dementia, and even schizophrenia.
Unfortunately, the medical community typically doesn't pursue nutritional issues.

Lastly, we have two threads where you can meet the regulars.
First is our ”Check In” thread where we let each other know how our day’s going.
And secondly, if you'd be inclined, please visit our gathering place ”The Lodge”
where folks will also catch up with each other
as well as engage in general, fanciful cyber-play.

Again, welcome to the board.
We’re very happy to have you with us.
May you find support, comfort, and friendship here.

NHT
Host
=][/FONT][/COLOR]
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2007 - 4:52AM #5
Sharika1991
I have found in recent weeks that when I get angry about something I do one of two things: either I become introverted or I go to the gym.  More and more I find that working out is helping me alleviate my anger symptoms.  When I was younger I took Tae Kwon Do.  Practice was my outlet for my anger.  Now it's just being active physically.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2007 - 3:49PM #6
jenniferpinkdog
What I do when I am angry depends on why I am angry and how quickly I get angry. When it is something that has built up for a while I usually can talk it out. But if it is sprung upon me suddenly I will either get quiet and cry in private, or I am tearing through the house cleaning like a madwoman and barking orders at my family to help me. Usually a lot of sarcastic remarks are made. If I am mad at my husband or if it is because he is being very demanding I will give in and do whatever he is demanding of me but I do it with so much ill will and aggression that he ends up wishing he hadn't pushed me. Which is of course why I get like that. I am not advocating it or saying I am right. Just answering the question at hand. Oh... and I gripe... a lot... to anyone who will listen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 10:13AM #7
dancer17
Skylark,

For me, anger and past pain go hand in hand.  Holding on to anger is self-imprisonment.  The key is forgiveness...not easy, but within it is freedom.  Eckhart Tolle teaches:  If their pain was your pain, their past your past, you would think and act exactly as they do.  Realizing this brings forgiveness and freedom.  Understanding this has helped me to control my reactions in situations that trigger past pain. 

Also, exercise, healthy eating habits, and meditation have also contributed to keeping a balance in my life.

Take care and be good to yourself!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 1:57PM #8
Nay_ho_tze
[FONT='Century Gothic']Howdy dancer17:[/FONT]

[FONT='Century Gothic']Welcome to Beliefnet’s multi-faith depression support [/FONT]
[FONT='Century Gothic']where those of all faiths participate, [/FONT]
[FONT='Century Gothic']and where no single faith is more dominant than another. [/FONT]
[FONT='Century Gothic']We’re very happy to have you with us[/FONT][FONT='Century Gothic'].[/FONT]

[FONT='Century Gothic']NHT[/FONT]
[FONT='Century Gothic']Host[/FONT]
[FONT='Century Gothic']=][/FONT]
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 5:13PM #9
pmcarol121
Try following Freedom in CHRIST, this is a video by Neil T Anderson, It is hosted by Steve  Goss and will give you a pure heart and get rid of all your ghosts , from conmemming thoughts , Patterns of wrong behavior, Spiritual struggles and hopelessness , if you are going roung in cirles get a copy and follow it after a few weeks you will have renounced all evil and be ful of the holy spirit
God Bless you
link :- www.ficm.org.uk/
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 12:44PM #10
female_lds
I experience different types of anger. I have an ongoing anger towards my parents for how my life was during my childhood years.
I have past anger towards my first husband for choosing drugs over our lives with our children.
I have past anger towards my second husband for taking my life away. And towards our one son for not wanting to see what damages that his father has caused my daughter Angel and myself.
I have ongoing anger for how my life is worse in many ways than a few years ago. Self anger for not being able to fix how my life is at this time of my life.

I keep myself bizzy most of the time by doing other things that may be little steps toward fixing how things are. I talk to my second husband without addressing the anger instead of avoiding him.

I speak with my daughters alot about anything and everything as friends and women instead of my daughter. Chocolate helps alot and helping others.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook