Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
6 years ago  ::  Dec 25, 2007 - 5:44AM #1
sunflower666
very pain at times and now is one of those times.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 25, 2007 - 6:01AM #2
iamelting
So sorry you are in pain today. I am always in pain from fibro and arthritis. some days just hurt more than others. I looked at your profile and I love nature as well. I live out in the country with 17 acres to play with. the house is enclosed on a little over an acre and fenced in. this is where the majority of the planting goes on. I have beds of hydrangeas, butterfly gardens, camellias, bearded iris, daylilies and many flowering plants. during the spring, i have lots of herbs and vehgtables producing for my family, friends and customers of my husband. I grow orgasnically so I plant enough for us, the neighbors and the pests. I would rather deal without chemicals as it is healthier for us and mother earth.
My land is a bird sanctury so we have many species of birds and the songs fill the air. It is heaven on earth.
I really do know how to spell but my hands are in very bad pain today and ai would rather write freely than stop and worry about the spelling.:)
I am happy to meet you. Write more and let us know how long you have had fobro, what meds you are using/tryong and we will all give our advice, comments and encouragement. I joined the forums in Oct. and they have been a real Godsend when I have a question or just want to feel connected with a wonderful group of loving, casring people.
Merry christmas. I hope the day progresses into a painfree one.
Lulu
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2007 - 8:14PM #3
msdeebro
Hello:
I have been living with Fibromyalgia for many years. Yes it is so painful at times taht not any thing helped. I have diabetic neuropathy as well and the pain medicine LYRICA that was prescribed for it worked wonders on my fibro. I do have flareups now and then but  somehow the lyrica calms the nerves amd pain in my muscles.

Now taking a shower feels like water falling instead of rocks!! Hope you all find some relief, even if it is for a few hours, as well!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2007 - 8:14PM #4
msdeebro
Hello:
I have been living with Fibromyalgia for many years. Yes it is so painful at times taht not any thing helped. I have diabetic neuropathy as well and the pain medicine LYRICA that was prescribed for it worked wonders on my fibro. I do have flareups now and then but  somehow the lyrica calms the nerves amd pain in my muscles.

Now taking a shower feels like water falling instead of rocks!! Hope you all find some relief, even if it is for a few hours, as well!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2007 - 5:41PM #5
karbie
Hi,
I've been dealing with both chronic pain and Fibromyalgia for several years now. The doctor at my Pain Management has just had me on Lyrica for about 2 months now, and what I've noticed most was more mobility.This is great because the house I live in has a lot of stairs and it was very difficult for me to get up the back steps into the house and I was back to using my cane to climb the stairs from the living room/kitchen level up to the bedrooms and bathroom. It works better than anything I've tried.
   I've found that this Beta version doesn't scroll very well when you are looking for a forum. There is one that is especially for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome hosted by SunRaz. It was the first board I ever got the nerve to post on and she made me feel really welcome and at home. You can be on any board...and I know all too well that fibromyalgia is great at providing constant pain...just thought you might want to give it a look.
HAPPY (painless) NEW YEAR!!!
Karen
"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2008 - 2:12PM #6
Succcessfulsteps
I am 49 and started with Chron's Disease at the age of 20 which in my 30 brought on Fibro.  I got so many things along with Chrons and all of it is painful.    Yes, I take Lycria and it helps some, but with Arthritis and so many other things wrong, pain is a companion that has been with me now for 29 years.  The only way I can deal with it is to always count my blessings and never blame God, but praise Him in uniting me with the passion of Christ.   It's not so bad, I am a live and have seen many miracles that God has performed in my life.  I actually feel luckier than most to have experienced these.  Afterall, it was not that long ago my Crohn's doctor had written me off and wanted to put me in the hospital to die.  My entire digestive tract from throat to large bowel was covered with ulcers, red, inflammed and infected.  I found a wonderful nutrionist, Dr. Mindell and Goji juice.  After 5 months of this, on Easter Day, the Lord took my Chron's.  I went to another doctor and he was shocked to find that my entire digestive system was not only health, Chron's free, but actually "glistened."  This is just one of many miracles in my life that I know faith is believing without seeing proof, but I have been forturnate to see proof so many times over.  With every miracle, there would be another trial down the road, but I knew God was with me helping me, guiding me and getting me through it.  I had a wonderful mother-in-law who was lost to cancer who loved me like her own.  Although lost, this was a blessing that stays with me forever.  Everyone who walks through my life is a blessing and has something to give to me or I to to them.  Many don't see this and for them I pray they will someday see the world as I do.  We are but on a journey and it pain is part of it, accept it and move on.  Never let go of God, in good times or bad; He is my strength and guides me. 

God Bless you all.
Debboe
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2008 - 2:56PM #7
etsryan
wow what an uplifting post  i too meditate on Christ's passion/suffereings to keep from whining/complaining about my situation although i still do sometimes - gotta vent...to God, anyone who has the patience to listen...  car accident in 1989 messed up a vertebrae in my neck, fibro diagnosis in 1990 (first time seen by a rheumatologist and he got it and the guy who referred me to him...amazing - i didn't have to go through several visits and misdiagnosings like some have)  anyway, i'm trying low dose lithium and 5-HTP (tryptophan +) supplements right now.  wouldn't mind trying lyrica, but no health insurance and it's expensive

Risen Lord Jesus' Peace!  e.t./sue  ><>*  :D (:
Risen Lord Jesus' Peace!
e.t./sue ><:> *:D (: + 
Yesh!  www.muttscomics.com
www.chesterton.org
American Chesterton Society Conference-usually in St Paul, MN Mid-June, but the 2009 Conference is scheduled Aug. 6-8 in Seattle, WA - you go, West Coast...
Some of what Gilbert K. Chesterton says:
"To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it."
"I agree with the realistic Irishman who said he preferred to prophesy after the event."  (Happy St. Patrick's Day!)
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
"War is not 'the best way of settling differences; it is the only way of preventing their being settled for you."
"If there were no God, there would be no atheists."
"Once abolish the God, and the government becomes the God."
"Men are ruled, at this minute by the clock, by liars who refuse them news, and by fools who cannot govern."
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."
"You can never have a revolution in order to establish a democracy. You must have a democracy in order to have a revolution."
"A citizen can hardly distinguish between a tax and a fine, except that the fine is generally much lighter."
"Men do not differ much about what things they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
"There are some desires that are not desirable."
"Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions."
"Religious liberty might be supposed to mean that everybody is free to discuss religion. In practice it means that hardly anybody is allowed to mention it."
"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man."
"You cannot grow a beard in a moment of passion."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2008 - 3:44PM #8
c6berry
I have had Fibro for about 12 years and have been taking Lyrica for about 2 yrs. It was also given to me for Diabetic Neuropathy first.  I still have alot of flare ups but mostly because I live in the snow belt of central NY and we get alot of snow and cold here. I have to depend on my faith in god and my cd's to get me through. Music is a great relaxer for me. I have many insperational cd's I use.  I have never talked to anyone before about my pain in a forum like this but would be interested in talking to others in the same situtation as me. God Bless Us All!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2008 - 9:04PM #9
karbie
I don't envy anyone who has suffered from Chron's; I had chronic gastroenteritis for years, along with an ulcer and other GI fun along the way. A lot cleared up when I had my gall bladder out...even a few days before surgery nothing showed up on the tests. I was told I apparently had my good side to the camera for at least 20 years...Too bad that magic didn't work on my driver's license pictures! Between having that gone and being on meds for acid reflux, I was very surprised that when they did the colon test, it was in perfect shape and I still have about 6 years left before I have to go back. I consider that a miracle between my own medical history and family history.
  When my son was about 3 he asked me who the sparkly people he saw were, and I told him they were angels. He got a real-life one about 4 years ago. He was stuck in the Atlanta airport, his flight kept getting delayed, and he had under $2 left. He was using a phone card I had given him, and it ran out when he called me with another flight delay. I was just telling him how to make a collect call  when we were cut off. While my heart was plummeting, the phone rang again--a man saw my son's distress and let him use his cell phone to call us with the new arrival time--I told him how to call collect, and heard Chris thank the man over and over. The man vanished into the crowds, and Chris didn't see him again. I told him when he got home he'd just been helped by an angel--it was certainly an answer to MY prayers!! Years later, I still know with absolute certainty he met an angel.
I think having the medical community "discover" that fibromyalgia, Chron's disease, and even Gastric Reflux are actually REAL conditions and not just "female problems" -- not something we just dreamed up to get attention, all in our heads--although dealing with condescending doctors denying we have severe pain tends to throw in monster headaches just to make it interesting--or anything  we have is psychosomatic is almost a miracle in itself. My imagination has always been good, but THAT good? I think not.
  I know that this current storm system is playing havoc with all of us--just burrow under the covers, read a good book, listen to music...and remember how good it is just to be inside instead of out in the storms.
Hugs,
Karen
"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2008 - 9:42PM #10
starskyslady2
HI Karen,
I'm sure it was an angel there for your son..and ofcourse you too! I know with our children how we worry when their out and about and ya want nothing more then a safe return home.  Karen, I gotta' tell ya' I think nearly each and every post I read of yours makes me smile..some actually laugh..you have a great sense of humor. Bigtime! I also like all of us know that all to well feeling of being in the Dr's office and trying to "plead your case" about explaining the whole entire pain condition. I'm sure we've all been through the mill with that. Man it sucks. When I first was trying to get diagnosed with a doctor I'd had for a very long time. I told him you couldn't even poke me in the back at all with his finger or I would go to the ceiling.  His reply was..."I never heard of that."  He literally THREW me a presciption of about 40 vicodan and told me to "wean."  Needless to say, that was the last time I saw him.  I felt so humiliated like he thought I was just trying to scam him. ugh...
I'd like to tell my story but havent been able too as of yet.  I'm spiriling down fast again into a wicked depression which I can feel coming on like gangbusters. See, I'm about to be going through a major life altering change once again.  My story is so insane I dont even know where to begin. I just feel hopeless.  Like the pain is never going to get any better and days just are melting together.  I want to thank you again for making me smile and feel theres hope and finding the humor in things.  Usually I can do that...but not lately.  Oh and could you please tell me an easier way to find and read the replies to threads in order?  Seems I'm reading some ancient ones over and over and I cant tell if the conversation continues or not.  I did see the reply you'd sent me and someone else and it was very kind of you.  I really would like to make some friends here and try to be of any help I can to anyone.  I hope you are feeling well today.  Hope to talk to ya soon...

May you have peace in body and mind....
Eileen
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook