Page 5 of 30  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 Next
7 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2007 - 4:54PM #41
dani42
I think I finally found my way here...just grateful for that....is there a "how are you doing today "thread
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2007 - 5:16PM #42
Nay_ho_tze
*Helping Gwen fold laundry, at the sound of Dani's voice, NHT drops her end of the blanket they're folding and, with Gwen in close pursuit, runs to give Dani a huge bearhug.*

My dear friend, I've been thinking lots about you lately...how have you been? You must bring us up to date ... and do make sure to put DS into your favourites so you can find us easily now... as for the "How do you feel" thread - Lap renamed it as "Check In" and I stuck it to the top of the index page so it's always stays near or at the top ...

...gosh, it's good to see you again.

=D
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2007 - 9:47PM #43
lapatosu

I'm finally able to find my way to the Lodge.  The sun is setting, but I'm going to believe in that old saying, "Red sun at night, sailor's delight," and hope that tomorrow will be an easier day.  NHT, I think I like Mars in retrograde.  Yoi! The problems I've been having with all things electronic today.

Gratitude book - I'm grateful that Dani found her way to the Lodge.  Big hugs, lovely woman.

And before it gets away again, I'm releasing this butterfly into the garden. I only just barely missed stepping on the little one as I was stomping through some clover today.  It sort of helped change my mood around.

As I let it go, Seth comes up and looks down to see a four leaf clover.  Picking it, he hands it to me, and smiles.  Okay, my mood is better.  Light therapy and laughter.  Always makes things better (even if my batteries did run down right after taking this photo - must have been the universe trying to get my attention).
Lynne
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2007 - 9:47PM #44
lapatosu

I'm finally able to find my way to the Lodge.  The sun is setting, but I'm going to believe in that old saying, "Red sun at night, sailor's delight," and hope that tomorrow will be an easier day.  NHT, I think I like Mars in retrograde.  Yoi! The problems I've been having with all things electronic today.

Gratitude book - I'm grateful that Dani found her way to the Lodge.  Big hugs, lovely woman.

And before it gets away again, I'm releasing this butterfly into the garden. I only just barely missed stepping on the little one as I was stomping through some clover today.  It sort of helped change my mood around.

As I let it go, Seth comes up and looks down to see a four leaf clover.  Picking it, he hands it to me, and smiles.  Okay, my mood is better.  Light therapy and laughter.  Always makes things better (even if my batteries did run down right after taking this photo - must have been the universe trying to get my attention).
Lynne
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2007 - 12:43PM #45
Sharika1991
I make my way to the Lodge just as lunch is being made.  I stop off at the Gratitude Book and write that I am grateful for a nice, cool, fall day full of sun and clear skies.  Coming to the Lodge today I could hear the sound of the jets roaring along the coast as this weekend is the Sea and Sky Spectacular at the beach.  The Blue Angels are performing today and tomorrow.

Anyway, I make my way to the kitchen where Seth and Gwen are preparing some calzones and raspberry iced tea.  It always smells so good coming to the Lodge.  I help them by preparing the table.  I set extra plates out in case someone else come's wandering in.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2007 - 3:17PM #46
Nay_ho_tze
*Still in her pajamas, NHT emerges from her office and wanders
into the Lodge kitchen looking for something to eat.
Gwen, who's washing lunch dishes, teases NHT for her attire.*

"Well, look who's being lazy today!!" Gwen says.

"Hey," NHT replies playfully, "we're on the edges of Noel here in RL,
and this cold rainy day just begs to be what my kids used to call 'a pajama day.'"

"A what?" asks Gwen.

"A pajama day," NHT explains, "a day to hunker down and just enjoy each other.
Besides, I'm hardly being lazy - I've already served up two meals and cleaned the kitchen,
got mostly caught up on my emails, in between doing three loads of laundry,
with countless more waiting in the wings."
NHT falls thoughtfully silent, scrutinizing the contents of the fridge.
"Laundry never gets caught up, does it, Gwen?"

Gwen laughs as she finishes the last of her dishes. "Not unless you all decide
to run around like we're back in the Garden of Eden!!"

"Yeah," says NHT, visualizing, "That's not gonna happen." She pulls out
a wrapped up food item, instantly recognizing what it is.
"Can I have this last piece of calzone?"

"'Sure can," Gwen tells her. "There's some raspberry iced tea..."

"Yeah," NHT says tentatively, "I really need some coffee - is there any made?"

"No, but I can start a pot."

"Thanks, Gwen, you're an angel," NHT tells her taking a seat at the table.

Gwen curtsies and says, "I know."

The outside door opens and in comes Seth closing out a cold wind behind him.
He's carrying a huge pumpkin from his garden. "Look at this baby," he says proudly.

"She's a beauty," NHT tells him. "You have such a green thumb, Seth.
I kill almost anything I try to grow --"

"--except African violets," Gwen says with a hint of mock jealousy in her voice.

NHT scrunches up her face in confusion and admits, "Yeah, I don't know why that is,
or why other people have such problems with them."

To Gwen Seth says, "The last of the pumpkins are out on the deck, like you asked..."
Then he says to NHT, "We're putting up the rest of the pumpkin today -- "

"--and I'm making pumpkin pies for Sunday dinner tomorrow," Gwen interjects.

"Is that fresh coffee I smell a-brewing?" Seth asks, sniffing the air.

"Yes."

"O-o-o," he says, "count me in." He takes the pumpkin out to the deck and returns.
"Jeez," he says briefly shaking his shoulders, "it sure is getting cold out there...
and it looks like rain might be comin'."

Gwen and NHT exchange a look.

Gwen says, "Maybe we should just officially declare today a pajama day.""

Confusion falls over Seth's face with such an instantaneousness
that both women break into giggles.

"Here," says Gwen chuckling at her husband as she hands him a steaming cup of joe.
"Enjoy!"

=D
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2007 - 5:51PM #47
dani42
Thank you for welcome back...so glad I finally figured this out...can only sit at computer for a few minutes at
   a time...reading directions to camera...have taken a few pictures of Annabanna ...well my few minutes are up...
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2007 - 6:57PM #48
Nay_ho_tze
Hello my good friend - no matter how little time you can spend with us, our day is blessed when you show up ... if you have problems or questions about the new site, don't hesitate to email me - I hope you're feeling better real soon, but in the meantime be patient with yourself and give yourself all the time you need to heal ... we may be impatient to hear more from you, but we can wait until you're able ...
sending much love,
NHT
=]
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 1:27PM #49
dani42
Hurray found my way back...Still can't figure out how you get color or size of print...lets try icon ...well that didn't work..
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 2:35PM #50
Nay_ho_tze
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2]Here, maybe I can help --
(you might want to print these instructions before you start so you can refer back to them ...)

To format font, etc...
when you click on it another page will open …
in the left hand margin are all the settings and options ….
click on “Edit options” – then scroll to the bottom of the page
to the section labeled “Message Editor Interface.”  On the pull down menu in that section, enable the option “Enhanced Interface – Full WYSIWYG editing” – Then click on “save changes.”

That’s the option that allows you to change font and size, colour, etc…

I should warn you however that some folks (me included) sometimes experience a truncating glitch in that format –
meaning, when I finally submit the post,
despite what it looks like in preview,
it will come out with only a few words of my post,
and a line or two of HTML …

There is an easy solution –
first, before you preview your post copy and paste it onto a word document…
then, if the final post is truncated,
hit the “edit post” button –
when the window opens,
cut the truncated post,
and copy your original post from your word document to the “edit post” page –
then hit “save” –
voila, your post will appear as you intended.

It’s important to copy your post before you preview –
once you preview, any HTML links you’ve added will be translated to the link format –

On the other hand, I’ve found I run into the truncating problem much less with posts that have no HTML…

‘Any questions, just fire ‘em off here…

love ya, my girl!!
NHT
=]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 30  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest