Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 21  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next
11 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2007 - 11:06PM #1
Nay_ho_tze
Welcome to Beliefnet’s depression support group.
Clinical depression is a familiar face in our household,
so I’m not totally unfamiliar with the challenges of the battle.
Depression affects most people at some point in their lives,
but that more profoundly,
for those suffering from chronic depression,
life itself can sometimes become overwhelming. 
Networking helps, and to that end,
Depression Support is a safe and supportive sanctuary
for people to feel free to share experiences and thoughts,
perhaps find comfort or friendship,
maybe even discover kindred spirits.

For the purpose of getting to know each other better,
I invite anyone inclined to post about yourself and your journey.

Nay_ho_tze
Depression Support
Host
=]
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
writer, designer, intuitive healer
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 10:18PM #2
lapatosu
I am an over 50 woman living with uni-polar depression.  It took me about 10 years to realize something was seriously wrong with my life,  and that my apathy, anger, and suidical tendencies weren't normal reactions to leading a stressful life.  I've been hospitalized for my condition three times, the last visit being in the spring of 2006.  Since then, I've listened to my therapist, psychiatrist, husband, daughters and loving friends, stayed on the prescribed meds, improved my nutrition, started an exercise program, and kept all my doctor's appointments.  Today, I am stable, content, excited, curious and grateful to be alive.
Lynne
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 2:01AM #3
Ask.seek.knock
As of this writing, I am 48. It is likely that I've been dealing with some degree of dysthymia (chronic "low-grade" depression) since childhood. My first diagnosed episode of major depression was in the late 1980's. The last episode of major depression was in 2003. I have never been hospitalized for the depression, but I have been on various medication regimens over the years. Recently, though, I seem to have a resistance to the medications, and am currently not on any drugs. I continue to have my talk therapy and, in July 2007, found this forum as an additional source of support.

ASK

"The best thing you can do for the world is make the most of yourself." -- Wallace D. Wattles

Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 4:22PM #4
lapatosu
Now that is a lovely picture, ASK.
Lynne
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 4:24PM #5
lapatosu
That is a lovely photo, ASK.
Lynne
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 6:07PM #6
joycon
Hi Becky/ASK! Nice to "see" you!
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 12:16AM #7
doxieman122
Has a format we go through every week, so I'll follow it:

NAME:  "Doxie"
DIAGNOSIS:  Bipolar disorder, type II
WHEN DIAGNOSED:  February 2000 (but diagnosed with depression August 1997)
MEDICATIONS:  trazodone, Lamictal, lithium, Klonopin
HOW AM I FEELING:  scared
ISSUES:  having huge financial problems right now; feeling a little manic as a result
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 12:18AM #8
doxieman122
Yes, nice pic!
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 12:20PM #9
Daemon26
Kind of still getting used to the new b-net forum so if something is messed up I apologize profusely.
As of last Saturday (10/13) I am a 27yo male who has been dealing with manic depression and social phobia since I was 13yo or so. Attempted sucicide twice throughout my teen years. Obviously neither attempt worked. Been working with my doctor since then about these issues. Still get my highs and lows, but find myself better able to work through them better than I used to. In combination with my doctor, my friends, family, and my spiritual path I think Im better able to handle it all.
My interests are varied and wide. Just recently Ive been getting back into writing as well as a little drawing. My taste in music varies as well. Just read my profile :) Im a big fan of shopping. I enjoy meeting new people and just getting out and about. May not be for anything in particular, but just to get out and see other people is fun sometimes.
Im kind of bad at this stuff. If there is anything you want to know just ask
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 12:27PM #10
joycon
Hi Everyone. I'm a 51 yr old disabled/retired RN. I've had a diagnosis of major depression for over 20 yrs. About 5 yrs ago the diagnosis was changed to bipolar, mixed. I am on lamictal, lexapro, and trazadone.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 21  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook