7 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2007 - 3:52PM #1
ShirleyGoodness
I find that since I've had arthritis I tend to move a lot more slowly when navigating stairs and reaching for things. If I move too quickly I pay for it with pain afterwards that does not readily go away. I don't like taking drugs for the pain, it usually eases up if I baby whichver part of me is hurting.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2007 - 6:08AM #2
DotNotInOz
Have you tried glucosamine-chondroitin supplements? I can't believe what a difference those have made in my pain and flexibility (osteo primarily in my hands) combined with having discovered I have food intolerances. As long as I keep up my gluco-chon dosage level and the diet, I have only mild pain occasionally.

Yoga might be a helpful exercise regimen for you as it must be done slowly and thoughtfully. I do know that getting as much exercise as you can stand increases muscle support of painful joints. I lift light weights (2 pounds) and definitely notice pain in my spine if I've slacked off on the weight lifting for a week or so. Keeping muscles strong so that joints are supported is crucial, I believe.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook