Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Reading on Jehovah's Witnesses lately
2 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2012 - 4:57AM #11
Ed2

Feb 1, 2012 -- 7:05PM, Michelle_b wrote:

Thank you for the information, I understand more now why the Jehovah's Witnesses believe stauros believes it is a stake.  But, I am not totally convinced myself.  Even with the information you gave me.  I am going to do some more research on it and see what I can find.  If I find something of importance I will post to you again. 

I don't know if this is true, but I found some information that said:

The rest of the story...

[. . .]

14. The cross is a pagan symbol of sex worship, and that all buildings or persons displaying the cross are likewise pagan. Jehovah's Witnesses deny that Jesus died on a cross but a stake. However, recent "new light" in the Watchtower now admits they are not certain about the cross, but will continue to deny it anyway. Further, the watchtower originally claimed it was a cross.

www.bible.ca/Jw-Wont-Tell.htm

And if this is misinformation, sorry that I shared it.

I think that it's pretty sad and pretty unbelievable that there are so many healthy, powerful, and healing foods that I have learned about from watching "The Doctor Oz Show"...but unfortunately, most Americans from their childhood on up, have only learned how to eat what is essentially equivalent to 'garbage'...and are basically in a 'slumber' when it comes to not having a clue as to what that kind of food is doing to their bodies and to their health. It's really sad.

~Ed2

"Hmmm. So you're saying that for Jesus' followers(throughout the centuries) to truly live a 'godly' life, they had to believe that the end of the world was just around the corner?"

~Ed2(See post #53)

"Although, I think that I'll change that to: Also...I liked the way that you dodged what I had said about being 'concerned that the Bible had to use subterfuge as a means to an end' in my post #137."

~Ed2(See post #145)

"It's utterly beyond belief, that the wealthiest country in the history of the world, fails to care for all it's people."

~Dr. Patrick Dowling, MD(From The Doctor Oz Show, which aired on 11/23/11.)

"If I could prescribe any drug on the planet, it would be food [be]cause it works better, faster, and cheaper than any medication. Food is the most powerful medicine we have...to treat chronic disease like diabetes."

~Dr. Mark Hyman, MD(From The Doctor Oz Show, which aired on 01/13/12. Also, go to www.doctoroz.com for more information.)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 12:01AM #12
Michelle_b

Mar 12, 2012 -- 4:57AM, Ed2 wrote:

Feb 1, 2012 -- 7:05PM, Michelle_b wrote:

Thank you for the information, I understand more now why the Jehovah's Witnesses believe stauros believes it is a stake.  But, I am not totally convinced myself.  Even with the information you gave me.  I am going to do some more research on it and see what I can find.  If I find something of importance I will post to you again. 

I don't know if this is true, but I found some information that said:

The rest of the story...

[. . .]

14. The cross is a pagan symbol of sex worship, and that all buildings or persons displaying the cross are likewise pagan. Jehovah's Witnesses deny that Jesus died on a cross but a stake. However, recent "new light" in the Watchtower now admits they are not certain about the cross, but will continue to deny it anyway. Further, the watchtower originally claimed it was a cross.

www.bible.ca/Jw-Wont-Tell.htm

And if this is misinformation, sorry that I shared it.

Thanks for sharing that.  I agree, the cross is not important.  It is Jesus Christ who died for our sins.

To add, I have read more now on the site of the Jehovah's witnesses beliefs, and I can't say I agree with a lot of things they believe.  And doing research on them, I can say I will not be doing any more looking into their religion.  I am moving on.

Thanks to you two that posted to me and helped me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook