Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: A Christian with a question
2 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2011 - 12:52AM #1
truthseeker101
If my country becomes a muslim state and they install sharia law then how can I expect my life to change according to your holy writings? I refuse to convert. I refuse to speak favorably of allah or mohammed (sp?), I won't pay the Jizra (sp?), I refuse to be a slave or be treated as a second class citizen and I will try to prosthelytize as I believe I have been commanded by God and His Son, Jesus, to preach the Gospel to all nations. Given these facts, how could I expect my life to change?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2011 - 2:03PM #2
BDboy

Exactly SAME post was made in discuss Islam forum and answers were given to these questions.

I hope moderator will move the thread over there. As the type of question fits more in "Discuss" forums than 'Welcome" forums.

Peace.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2011 - 8:28AM #3
truthseeker101

I'll delete it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2011 - 1:41PM #4
Craig_w_dressler

Nov 11, 2011 -- 12:52AM, truthseeker101 wrote:

If my country becomes a muslim state and they install sharia law then how can I expect my life to change according to your holy writings? I refuse to convert. I refuse to speak favorably of allah or mohammed (sp?), I won't pay the Jizra (sp?), I refuse to be a slave or be treated as a second class citizen and I will try to prosthelytize as I believe I have been commanded by God and His Son, Jesus, to preach the Gospel to all nations. Given these facts, how could I expect my life to change?

Having lived and worked in an Islamic country with Sharia my guess is that it will depend on how westernized your country is.  In the country where I worked Bibles were illegal and there were no overt churches at all.  Pastors have been imprisoned, beaten and sent back to their home countries.  The Koran does not contain any kind of freedom of speech and one should certainly not expect freedom of religion of any kind.  Sadly, the picture I have painted is not pretty.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2011 - 2:28PM #5
BDboy

Nov 15, 2011 -- 1:41PM, Craig_w_dressler wrote:

Nov 11, 2011 -- 12:52AM, truthseeker101 wrote:

Having lived and worked in an Islamic country with Sharia my guess is that it will depend on how westernized your country is.  In the country where I worked Bibles were illegal and there were no overt churches at all.  Pastors have been imprisoned, beaten and sent back to their home countries.  The Koran does not contain any kind of freedom of speech and one should certainly not expect freedom of religion of any kind.  Sadly, the picture I have painted is not pretty.

>>>>>>>> This is an over simplification. If you mentioned the name of the country, I could have looked it up. But you are just throwing allegation without any information....

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2011 - 1:32AM #6
Miraj

Thread locked.  Please refer to duplicate thread on the Discuss Islam forum.

Thank you!

miraj

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook