Switch to Forum Live View Aleister Crowleys link to Wicca......
3 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2011 - 4:06PM #1
inthemidstwest
I ran across an article online in which there was a very broad explanation to Crowleys statement 'Do as thou wilt'.

I have heard many explanations of the basic tenet of "Do as thou shalt an' in it harm none".  My biggest question about this is how Crowley's original statement was added to and now is the basic tenet of Wicca.

I found it really interesting that L. Ron Hubbard was also greatly influenced by Crowley in the 40's.  I dont have access to the artice now, but it really made me think about how one person can be many things to different people.  Either a monster or a philosopher. 

I dont claim any religious title, but it was a very interesting article.  Was hoping to get some insight from others on Crowley's link not just to Wicca but other religons.

Thank you in advance.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2011 - 8:59PM #2
Sacrificialgoddess
Gardner borrowed heavily from both Crowley and the masons. Not sure what that has to do with Hubbard, and not sure what either that or Hubbard has to do with witchcraft, but there you go.
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook