Switch to Forum Live View The Rapture: Why So Popular?
3 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2011 - 5:55PM #1
obvious_ron
Why is it that the Rapture and the divergent understandings of the tribulation and such have become so popular a teaching in Protestant/Evangelical Christian circles and in the United States as a whole (i.e. the Left Behind book series)? It is not an ancient teaching, having only been professed since the 1800s... any ideas?
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2011 - 6:16PM #2
dearwatson

Dispensationalism in its various forms is popular in American Christianity because it was developed during the same time period as that in which the country took shape.

Christians in myriad places have seen themselves as the center of apocalyptic events (such as the Muensterites or those facing down Attilla the Hun).  This has led to a variety of changes in church structure or doctrine.  The only thing they have in common is that they ALWAYS believe that they are the ones at the center of events.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Feb 03, 2013 - 3:36PM #3
dadmann

Why is the doctrine of the Rapture suddenly popular ? . . . . Just as any future prophetic event .. as we approach the day of our Lord and the signs start converging as a pregnant woman's birth pains .. not only the rapture doctrine will grow popular ..  but also all the other prophetic sanarios predicted . . . of course if the rapture occurs before .. we (children of God) will watch the others from the other side of the coin .. my preference . . . ever since Israel was re-born as the Jewish nation in 1948 .. the door is now wide open for the prophecies to commense .. the confirmation of the covenant .. a 'sharing' arrangement for the Temple Mount .. the Euphrates River war .. the building of the third Jewish Temple .. the UN ification of all nations gathering against Israel .. the world filling with violence .. the institutions designed by God belittled and under attack .. the Harlot church invading every internet forum possible posing as the Bride . . . rampant and militant homosexuality .. all is now on the horizon .. the only thing to determine is what issue/s will arise and approach . . . I do believe in a pre-tribulation rapture .. although I also believe that God will pound a few wake-up calls just before that event .. just to shake a few off the fense .. I believe that God .. even especially for the non-believer .. a cosmic heads-up . . . i'm sure it will be labeled a medaphore of some sort

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook