4 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2010 - 3:54PM #1
withwonderingawe
anybody out there?
Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2010 - 11:35PM #2
Ironhold

BNet's got it set up so that people are more likely to hit the Fellowship board than this place.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2010 - 11:10AM #3
Markezuma

I'm new here and I like to talk about my faith with other members of the church. Is this the best place to do that or is there a more active area I haven't found yet?

"Better a live sparrow than a stuffed eagle" -E. Fitzgerald
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2010 - 11:15AM #4
Ironhold

Jul 15, 2010 -- 11:10AM, Markezuma wrote:

I'm new here and I like to talk about my faith with other members of the church. Is this the best place to do that or is there a more active area I haven't found yet?

There are two decicated LDS boards, the other being in the "Christian denominations" section.

There's also a debate forum, but I'd recommend skipping that as some of the anti-Mormons who post there tend to make things into personal grudges. I've actually been cyber-stalked by one of the anti-Mormons there.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2010 - 12:59PM #5
Markezuma

I'm sure you already know it, but it always bears repeating, "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" (Matt 5:10). Do you feel blessed; because it certainly sounds like you were persecuted?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2010 - 1:17PM #6
Ironhold

Jul 15, 2010 -- 12:59PM, Markezuma wrote:

I'm sure you already know it, but it always bears repeating, "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" (Matt 5:10). Do you feel blessed; because it certainly sounds like you were persecuted?

You wouldn't believe half the jive I've had to deal with over the years, both here and elsewhere.

And then there's what I have to put up with in real life, too.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2010 - 2:45PM #7
Markezuma

I'm not personally a very good evangelist so I don't bear much actual persecution. Don't get me wrong a lot of people have disagreed with me over the years. But I have a way of ending arguments that I don't quite understand. I've never been sure if people don't want to debate me because I make too much sense or too little. If you find yourself mired in contention I'd be happy to help. But I'd better warn you I'm a bit unorthodox for a Mormon, so I'm very cautious about differenciating LDS doctrine from my own all be it imperfect testimony.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2010 - 6:24PM #8
Ironhold

Jul 15, 2010 -- 2:45PM, Markezuma wrote:

I'm not personally a very good evangelist so I don't bear much actual persecution. Don't get me wrong a lot of people have disagreed with me over the years. But I have a way of ending arguments that I don't quite understand. I've never been sure if people don't want to debate me because I make too much sense or too little. If you find yourself mired in contention I'd be happy to help. But I'd better warn you I'm a bit unorthodox for a Mormon, so I'm very cautious about differenciating LDS doctrine from my own all be it imperfect testimony.

One of the regulars over on Mormonism Debate has been cyber-stalking me for a few years now, and back around '04 someone on another board I used to go to actually posted a death threat.

Simply because I'm Mormon and I wouldn't knuckle under.

That's the kind of people I keep finding myself having to deal with.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2010 - 6:57PM #9
Markezuma

And the thing that makes it especially odd in my opinion is that it's happening at here at Beliefnet. Anyone here has got to suspect that they'll run into people with vastly different views from their own. Did your stalker seem at least that intelligent or did they just hate you for being different without stopping to ask themselves why you disagreed?

Undecided

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2010 - 7:37PM #10
Ironhold

Jul 15, 2010 -- 6:57PM, Markezuma wrote:

And the thing that makes it especially odd in my opinion is that it's happening at here at Beliefnet. Anyone here has got to suspect that they'll run into people with vastly different views from their own. Did your stalker seem at least that intelligent or did they just hate you for being different without stopping to ask themselves why you disagreed?

Said person is a jerkwad who has apparently never been challenged on his own views before, let alone challenged by a person who's had his stuff in order.

Rather than admit that he holds a number of ignorant and misbegotten notions, he's gone to length to stir things up in an effort to gain support for his cause.

His fellow religionists are actually beating him senseless over his jerkishness, but he still hasn't quite gotten the message yet.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook