Switch to Forum Live View The Unsaved Go Where?
4 years ago  ::  May 27, 2010 - 7:06AM #1
koolpoi

My impression is that all Christians agree on some type of heaven.(Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)However there seems considerable disagreement on the fate of those who don't qualify for eternal bliss.There are various ideas about hell and also the idea that the unsaved simply die ie.have no afterlife.What does your sect say about this?What afterlife, if any, is there for the unsaved?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 28, 2010 - 9:31AM #2
faith713

May 27, 2010 -- 7:06AM, koolpoi wrote:

My impression is that all Christians agree on some type of heaven.(Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)However there seems considerable disagreement on the fate of those who don't qualify for eternal bliss.There are various ideas about hell and also the idea that the unsaved simply die ie.have no afterlife.What does your sect say about this?What afterlife, if any, is there for the unsaved?

The Bible, however, teaches that man by nature is completely mortal and that immortality is a gift of God to be realized only on Resurrection Day for those who have put their faith and trust in God's Son Jesus Christ for salvation because Christ's death on the Cross fully paid for our sins and His resurrection from the grave is the guarantee of future immortality for all who believe in Him.

Although the wicked in hell, for a period, will suffer consciously for their individual sins, the ultimate penalty for sin itself will be the eternal death of soul and body and the eternal loss to immortality. That is what the Bible means by eternal punishment - the eternal loss to immortality and life. Interestingly, even Adam and Eve were not created as immortal from the beginning. That is why there was placed the Tree of Life in the midst of the Garden of Eden.

www.ideamarketers.com/?Why_The_Tradition...

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 28, 2010 - 10:49AM #3
koolpoi

So there is a hell but it is temporary?Like purgatory?Adam was mortal from the beginning?He didn't have immortality than lose it by eating the forbidden fruit?

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook