Switch to Forum Live View NEW: Bible Translation Sites
4 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2010 - 6:47AM #1
Apologist

Group:

Many people in their dealings of research or defense of Scripture are looking for answers to Bible translation questions. I am happy to announce for you that there are two safe places to do that now. Safe in that higher criticism has no part to play in these two sites. One has been around for over a year, the other is only a week old.

Bible-Translation Yahoo discussion group: This group has almost 70 members. It is our goal to be a resource to all Bible translation issues and questions. I know several on this group are already members, but it has been long enough to ask again, for the sake of new ones.

Bible-Translation Website (bible-translation.net): From our home page,

Here at Bible-Translation we are hard at work for all individuals interested in the Bible translation process, from the person who has just purchased his first Bible, to the professional translator. The main purpose of the Bible-Translation site is education. It is a place for those that are sincerely interested in the importance of the translation process, as well as translation(s) would be the most beneficial to use. The translation of God's Word from the original languages of Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek is a task unlike any other and should never be taken lightly, because it carries with it the heaviest responsibility: the translator renders God's thoughts into a modern language.

It is a daunting task for the new Bible student to walk into a store for the purpose of purchasing a Bible. Immediately, he is met with shelves upon shelves of more than 50 different English translation choices: NIV, TNIV, ESV, NASB, NRSV, CEV, HCSB, NLT, and on and on. He is even further bewildered when he realizes that there are different formats within each translation: a reference Bible, a study Bible, a life application Bible, an archaeology Bible, or just the standard format. He further notices that some translations claim to be Essentially Literal, while others claim to be Dynamic Equivalent (thought for thought), which has only served to increased his confusion.

What We Do

Our site will rate the different translations on their accuracy, consistency of applying sound Bible translation principles, theological bias and whether it is faithful to the original language of God's Word. We will have much more to offer as you will note under our 'about us' tab.

• Bible Translation Principles:      An Introduction
  • Book Reviews
  • Bible Difficulties
  • Free Bible Studies by Email or      Skype
  • Recommended Reading
  • Essentially Literal Defended
  • Dynamic Equivalent Defended
  • Links to Free Education
  • OT Textual Commentary
  • NT Textual Commentary
  • Exegesis
  • Hermeneutics
  • Syntax and Grammar

Apologist

Sincerely,

Edward Andrews
President and CEO
Bible Translation Magazine
edandrews@bible-translation.net
Yahoo IM: tyndal_e@rocketmail.com
740-630-9318
614-360-1550
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2010 - 8:52AM #2
Newtonian

Apologist - Thank you for the invitation.  I did apply - something stopped me from actually posting there - but that is on my to do list.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook