Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
4 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2010 - 4:22PM #11
langzaam

Feb 13, 2010 -- 2:52PM, 21stcenturylutheran wrote:

In addition, since the Abrahamic faith traditions refer to human beings (both male and female) as the "image of God,"  then both the masculine spirit and the feminine spirit TOGETHER give us a whole reflection of God.  Therefore, while God is Spirit, God is not gender neutral, but God is gender inclusive.  God holds within God's own Being both the masculine and the feminine, and we (both male and female) are together a whole "image" of God.  So, again, God (Allah) is the Mother/Father of all...  Grace & Peace  :-) 

I like that!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2010 - 2:09PM #12
darlene

Hello everyone!

In my faith__Abrahamic__i have come to the level of knowing that GOD is everything.  I believe  Allah is the same just from what I have recently learned.  Hallelujau!!!!!!!  I find that Allah believers are  the same.  I also find that there are a lot of believers that agree that GOD__ALLAH__ is our mother--father--brother--sister--friend--the only true friend--and trusted confidant.  everything we might ever need is contained within LOVE--unconditional--unfailing--unfathomable--unmeasurable--unending--eternal--forever LOVE.  AMEN!!!  I am new here and my name is WINNEVA2010.  Please feel free to write me anytime and I will reply as soon as i read your comments.  May you all be filled with ALLAH__GOD__LOVE  is my daily prayer.  AMEN!!!!!!!

LOVE  ALMIGHTY TO ALL

WINNEVA2010

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2010 - 3:39PM #13
ALLTOGETHER

PEACE ALL;

I have no problem with others refering to Allah as "Mother/Father God.  I had an insprational lecture on tape, and when I played it for my family to listen to, the speaker (a woman) started by saying "Mother/Father God".  My brother was truned off by this and missed the entire message.   I like to say Allah instead of "Him".  

While growing up, we did not refer to our parents as she or him.  It was made to make us feel as if we were insulting them.  If anyone said She in stead of Mamma, The question was asked; Who is she?  The Cow's mother!  

Everything has a name or a title!  So why not use the name or title?  I know that in reading The translation of the meaning of the Holy Qur'an (I can only read English) Allah is mentioned as "He".  Even in prayers Allah is mentioned as "He".   However, I am still uncomfortable in saying "Him" insted of saying Allah!  

Does saying "He" make it any easier to ungerstand?  Why do we have to relate everything to being like ourselves? 

Peace.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2010 - 7:22PM #14
rasheed

As Salaam Alaikum

I believe Allah` created himself out of triple darkness. To do this he had to have a masculine and feminine side. He is the Almighty and is both,but not in a hermaphrodite form we imagine. He has to be a person because scriptures say Moses talked with God, Abraham and others. It is also said that God  made us in His image. How else could God make people. It had to be through a man and woman.The Torah  tells us that God did not need a woman at first but since man needed a helpmate, he created she and gave her a womb to carry the generations to come. Man was to be the provider. We are all dealing with our beliefs and through reading all books, try to substantiate our beliefs with answers. Searching for the mystery of God is so wonderful and for fulling. I am just a student searching for truth. Thank you for reading my thoughts.

Rasheed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2010 - 10:06AM #15
Timhogs

Good morning, everyone!  For myself, I find that the post by Scaramouche in Post #7 pretty much reflects my own feelings on the subject; I use masculine references simply because that's what I've always used.  But I would point out that there are several religions that make a point of referring to The Almighty as feminine (several of which are earth- or nature-focused, many of which have been popularized by the Feminist movements).  And as I think the argument can be made that "nature" can be seen as the hands, arms, and fingers of The Almighty - the tools and media through which his (her) will is made manifest - there is no conflict there (which also would be my response to the question asked by Langzaam in Post #9).

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2012 - 6:16AM #16
BDboy

BUMP

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook