Switch to Forum Live View Qualities of a Church
6 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2009 - 4:37PM #1
Jupiter

I like my church, but I feel there is a need to some how modernize it or bring the liturgy and songs up a level.  I feel they are becoming too much like pop songs.    

Are you happy with your church?  

Have you found what you were looking for in a church or are you still looking?  

What qualities are you looking for in a church?  

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2009 - 5:31AM #2
Jupiter

A recent Newsweek headline: 

The End of Christian America - "The percentage of self-identified Christians has fallen 10 points in the past two decades".

What does that headline mean to you and your church.  How are you dealing with declining numbers of Christians?  

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2009 - 12:20PM #3
walkingeagles

We go to church to worship and to listen to His word. Too many churches today are feel good churches. People go if it makes them feel good.

I go to worship and praise God, to listen to his word and listen to my priests explanation of those reading. To examine my concsience and ask forgivness for my sins.  But, the main reason I go is to receive my Lord in the Eucharist.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2009 - 12:12PM #4
JTornado1

I'm happy with my church.  I've been attending since November, 1996.  It has good liturgical worship services, good sermons (most of the time), a new hymnal, a good choir, and a variety of Bible study classes. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2009 - 1:13PM #5
Jupiter

I haven't always been so happy with my church, but by getting involved, joining Council, and committees,  I feel much more connected and affirmed and confirmed in my faith.  My concern now is with forecasting out into the future.  What should be be doing to keep the church viable?  We have a growing number of families of child bearing age but a decided lack of the 19 -39 (45?) year old group.  

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook