Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: WELCOME TO THE WELCOME PAGANISM BOARD!
5 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2010 - 9:51AM #11
CreakyHedgewitch

Sue,

Sorry I didn’t see your post sooner. Sometimes these I-just-woke-up-a-short-while-ago eyes of mine don’t catch every new post.

Welcome to Beliefnet and to the Earth-based Boards.

Starting a new thread is easy. Just click on the new thread button above the board. It is much like creating a post.

You are on a wisdom walk, Sue. You must decide what (spiritual) wisdom means to you and how you walk that path. Definitely carrying baggage along as you walk can be a drag (no pun intended).

Consider this. A wisdom walk can have infinite destinations but it is the journey itself that you are walking.

If it helps you, try a visualisation, like envisioning yourself standing on a path. It can be anything, a forest, a beach, whatever represents to you where you are right now spiritually. Being an ex-Christian, behind you there is a road, well worn by many feet walking together. This path, your path is untrodden as yet. Look around you, see what the scenery is. This – what surrounds you, however you envision it- is what you know right now on your wisdom walk. Feel your feet steady on the path, this is what you believe in right now. Now each time you learn something new or about yourself, you have taken a step along that path. Take time to steady yourself again. Look around you to see what is different. The scenery around you will change yet it may be subtly or at just the right moment, dramatically. You will reach crossroads, where before you the choices for exploration go off in seemingly differing directions. There are no wrong choices except perhaps to make no choice at all and go no further. Whatever you do choose might curve back into your choice not taken or intersect another (shared) road further along or keep going off in its own direction. Just keep taking those steps and along the path, you will find places to set down bits of that baggage over time.

I’ve decided over the years that Jehovah got turned - thanks to the political/religious agendas of successive generations - from a deity that went from having a specific covenant with a specific people to be ‘their’ god into the bully of the global school-yard, the god who is jealous if any other god gets any attention. Typically Pagans have a one to one relationship with their Gods and there are no sacred texts to be interpreted. Tends to limits the scope of propaganda on behalf of those Gods.

Welcome again to boards. It is very quiet these days but I try to get in once a day (usually mornings) to Host. There are a few folks surfing around as well that pipe up when a discussion happens.

C.H.
Beliefnet Host
Paganism Boards

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2010 - 1:49PM #12
Sue

CH

Thanks for the reply, the reference to the path is very helpful, I will print out part of it and look at it a few times to get my head round it.(Australian idiom?)

I have been ill and still having trouble, I will be back to chat about paganism soon,

Thanks again,

Sue

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2010 - 7:15AM #13
CreakyHedgewitch

Sue,

I'm glad that something in that was useful and sorry that you have been ill.

Please do come back and post when you are feeling up to it.

C.H.
Beliefnet Host
Paganism Boards
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook