Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What do Muslims Believe about Jesus?
6 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2009 - 10:32PM #1
koolpoi

Was he born of a virgin?What did he preach?Are the stories about him in the Bible correct?How did he die?Did he say anything that foretold Muhammed's preaching?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2009 - 11:43PM #2
Muhammad_Ahmad

Was he born of a virgin?What did he preach?Are the stories about him in the Bible correct?How did he die?Did he say anything that foretold Muhammed's preaching?

Regarding his birth, the Qur'an states:

And mention Mary in the Book. When she drew aside from her family to an eastern place; 17 So she screened herself from them. Then We sent to her Our spirit and it appeared to her as a well-made man. (a) 18 She said: I flee for refuge from thee to the Beneficent, if thou art one guarding against evil. 19 He said: I am only bearer of a message of thy Lord: That I will give thee a pure boy. (a) 20 She said: How can I have a son and no mortal has yet touched me, nor have I been unchaste? 21 He said: So (it will be). Thy Lord says: It is easy to Me; and that We may make him a sign to men and a mercy from Us. (a) And it is a matter decreed. (Qur'an, Chapter 19, Mary, Verses 16-21)

He preached the Torah and the Gospel:

And We sent after them in their footsteps Jesus, son of Mary, verifying that which was before him of the Torah; and We gave him the Gospel containing guidance and light, and verifying that which was before it of the Torah, and a guidance and an admonition for the dutiful. (Qur'an Chapter 5, Verse 46).

Then We made Our messengers to follow in their footsteps, and We made Jesus son of Mary to follow, and We gave him the Gospel. And We put compassion and mercy in the hearts of those who followed him (Qur'an 57:27)

The Qur'an does not accept all the statements of the Bible regarding Jesus. For instance, regarding the crucifixion, the Qur'an states:

For instance, we read:

And for their saying: We have killed the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of Allah,
and they killed him not, nor did they cause his death on the cross, (a) but he was made to appear to them as such. (b)  And certainly those who differ therein are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge about it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for certain: 158 Nay, Allah exalted him in His presence. And Allah is ever Mighty, Wise. 159 And there is none of the People of the Book but will believe in this before his death; and on the day of Resurrection he will be a witness against them. (Qur'an 4:157-159)

There is a difference of view amongst Muslims regarding his death. The majority of Muslims believe Jesus never died, and was physically raised, and has yet to return and die, while a minority subscribe to the belief he did indeed pass away his life on earth. The following verse has been translated differently usually to mean "I will take thee and raise you unto Myself" to affirm the view of of the physical ascension, instead of "I will cause you to die and exalt thee in my presence."

When Allah said: O Jesus, I will cause thee to die and exalt thee in My presence (Ya Isa, inni mutawaffika wa rafi'uka ilaiya) and clear thee of those who disbelieve and make those who follow thee above those who disbelieve (c) to the day of Resurrection. Then to Me is your return, so I shall decide between you concerning that wherein you differ (Qur'an 3:55).

Regarding, prophecies of a Promised Prophet, the Holy Prophet Muhammad, we read in the Qur'an:

And when Jesus, son of Mary, said: O Children of Israel, surely I am the messenger of Allah to you, verifying that which is before me of the Torah and giving the good news of a Messenger who will come after me, his name being Ahmad. (a) But when he came to them with clear arguments, they said: This is clear enchantment. (b) (Qur'an 61:6)

Note: Ahmad is the second name of the Holy Prophet Muhammad.

Also we read, in regards to the Holy Prophet Muhammad:

"Those who follow the Messenger - Prophet, the Ummi (Unlettered), whom they find mentioned in the Torah and the Gospel" (Qur'an 7:157).

http://www.geocities.com/sunrisinginwest/isa.html

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2009 - 8:27AM #3
BDboy

Yes he was born without a father. Here are some sources I like to share with you.

ose want to know about Islam or have concerns/questions about it. I'll share some shources with them.

>>>> www.jamaat.net/deedat.htm

>>>>>www.welcome-back.org/

>>>>> www.jews-for-allah.org/

>>>>> www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagem...

>>>>>>www.scribd.com/doc/13082738/Similarities...

May you have a blessed day.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2010 - 5:27PM #4
IDBC

Howdy 

My question is:

Does anyone know WHY Jesus was concieved in this unique fashion?

So far as I know none of the other prophets were concieved in this unique way, not even Muhammad. 

Does anyone know what the name Isa means in Arabic? 

It is claimed that Isa was sent to teach the Torah to the Jews.   Was Isa a Jew?

Was the Torah that Isa taught uncorrupted? 

And why didn't Allah protect both the Torah and the Gospel of Isa the way Allah protected the Quran ? 

Is there a difference between "The Children of Israel" and "The Jews", if there is what are is the differences? 

One other thing, is there any speculation about what happened to Isa's mother Maryam after the attempted crucifiction of Isa? 

Have A Thinking Day And May Reason Guide You Smile 

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2010 - 8:21AM #5
BDboy

Yes Muslims have faith in Jesus son of Mary (PBUH) as a special messenger of God or "Word of God".

You may find some answers in the following links.

,b>

<> www.Welcome-back.org

<> www.islam101.com/religions/christianity/...

<> www.answering-christianity.com/crucified...

<> saif_w.tripod.com/interfaith/general/god...

<> www.harunyahya.com

<>www.soundvision.com/Info/jesus/

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2010 - 8:23AM #6
BDboy

Jesus through Muslim eyes

In the year 630 A.D, the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) achieved one of his most cherished goals: the occupation of Mecca and the subsequent cleansing of the city from idol worship: it was at once a political and a religious victory of immense symbolic importance. Mecca had been declared the centre of the new faith; its conquest was therefore the fulfillment of a divine promise.

Entering the Ka'ba, the square structure which housed the city's idols, Muhammad (pbuh) ordered all its icons cleansed or destroyed. One of the icons in what must have been a very mixed gallery of divinities was a Virgin and child. Approaching the Christian icon, Muhammad (pbuh) covered it with his cloak and ordered all the others washed away except that one.

Fact or fiction? The question is immaterial. The report I cited is at least 1200 years old and therefore belongs to some of the earliest strata of Muslim historical writing.

What this episode illustrates is the fact that between Islam and the figure of Jesus Christ there exists a literary tradition spanning a millennium and a half of a continuous historical relationship -- a preoccupation with Jesus that may well be unique among the world's great non-Christian religions. To do full justice to this record, I would need a far larger canvas than the one available to me today. Instead I can only hope to draw a sketch of the contours of that relationship; to point to only a few of its highest peaks, its defining moments.

for more information, please click on following link

www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/islam/b...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2010 - 11:25PM #7
Puresoul

Jan 19, 2010 -- 5:27PM, IDBC wrote:

Howdy 

My question is:

Does anyone know WHY Jesus was concieved in this unique fashion?

So far as I know none of the other prophets were concieved in this unique way, not even Muhammad. 

Does anyone know what the name Isa means in Arabic? 

It is claimed that Isa was sent to teach the Torah to the Jews.   Was Isa a Jew?

Was the Torah that Isa taught uncorrupted? 

And why didn't Allah protect both the Torah and the Gospel of Isa the way Allah protected the Quran ? 

Is there a difference between "The Children of Israel" and "The Jews", if there is what are is the differences? 

One other thing, is there any speculation about what happened to Isa's mother Maryam after the attempted crucifiction of Isa? 

Have A Thinking Day And May Reason Guide You Smile 

Hi,

I send greetings of peace (Salaamu Alaikum).  All praise is due to The Almighty Creator, Allah (al-Hamdu Lillah), for putting it in you hearts and minds to ask questions about The Prophet Issa.  

The reason for the virgin birth without a father is because of his title and mission (al-Masih).  The Prophet Issa was given the title of Messiah by Allah in the Quran.  The roll of The Messiah is to bring the absolute peace on Earth and usher in an age of prosperity unlike anything that the world has ever seen.  All of this is supposed to happen before Yaum id-Deen.  

Every major religion is looking forward to the coming of this man.  He has a different name depending on what you practice.  Kalki, Maitreya, Sananda, or Meshiakh bin Dawid.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2010 - 10:46PM #8
Mbashir

Muslims believe Jesus was born to a virgin mother and Ahamdi Muslims believe that Jesus survived the crucifixion and traveled to India to find and preach to the lost tribes.  In the Bible, Jesus said his goal or mission was to locate the lost tribes of Israel so if he died on the cross, his mission would not have been fulfilled.  According to the Promised Messiah (Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian) the men at the time of Jesus were so corrupt and so far away from religion, no one was worthy of being a father to him.  This is why there was a virgin birth.  The Torah and Bible were not protected because they were not complete and Moses and Jesus only came for a specific group of people.  Only Islam claimed to be for all of mankind and Allah has promised that He will protect the Qur'an.  Jesus was a Jew, he was preaching the law of Moses but Jews did not accept him.  As a rabbi said at an interfaith conference I attended, Christianity only exist because Jews denied Jesus.  So if it wasnt for Jews, there would be no Christianity.  Here is another link to get more info and there are also many more links on the site below that explain Jesus, the virgin birth and many more things.

www.alislam.org/egazette/updates/a-few-q...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 12:48PM #9
BDboy

We had a similar discussion in B-net few years ago. Please click here to see details of that thread....

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2010 - 11:31AM #10
BDboy

An ex-Christian preacher talks about Jesus in Islam. Please click here to learn more about it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook