Switch to Forum Live View Observing the Sabbath
6 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2009 - 1:40PM #1
nieciedo
Hello,

I am Jewish and I work for a Jewish organization and we recently hired a colleague who is a Seventh-Day Adventist.

I'm just curious about you observe the Sabbath -- what things to do you specifically do and specifically not do, and are they are special customs or rituals you practice?

Thank you!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2009 - 6:33PM #2
sincerly

nieciedo wrote:

Hello, I am Jewish and I work for a Jewish organization and we recently hired a colleague who is a Seventh-Day Adventist.

I'm just curious about you observe the Sabbath -- what things to do you specifically do and specifically not do, and are they are special customs or rituals you practice?

Thank you!

Nieciedo, Thank you for inquiring as to our SDA Beliefs of Sabbath observance; and welcome to the SDA forums.

"Customs/rituals" are man made and not from the LORD GOD. As with Adam and Eve, GOD wanted a face to face relationship and this was the case until "rebellion" entered the picture.
The Sabbath was instituted to remind us that GOD is GOD and that we created beings are to acknowledge GOD as the Creator by leaving our weekday activities to assemble with HIM in worship and fellowship on that Sabbath Day which was "Blessed and Sanctified" by GOD. The hours are Holy to GOD and were specified as from sunset on the sixth day of the week to sunset on the Seventh day of the week.
GOD never made or intended the Sabbath to be a "burden" upon HIS Created beings---only a "delight". Nor for one to pursue one's own "pleasures".
There is so much to learn about our wonderful Creator that the Sabbath hours are well spent in reading HIS WORD and communing with others of like faith in sharing HIS Words and knowledge. Or in the Sharing the WORDS of LIFE to others who do not know GOD . Be a light to those in spiritual darkness.
When one loves GOD with all one's heart and being, one has no thought to
do anything, but HIS WILL.
The principles of HIS Laws are understood by those who are truly tuned in to HIS WILL in LOVE and Obedience.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook