Switch to Forum Live View Question About Stigmata
7 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2007 - 6:33PM #1
friendofsaints&angels
Hey shaner or whoever could help me with this, How many catholic saints, monks, nuns, etc that have been affiliated with the Catholic Church have had stigmata (the 5 wounds of Christ exposed)??? I know of saint padre pio, saint francis of assisi, And I heard that Blessed sister Saint faustina had the invisible stigmata, and also had the power to read souls as did padre pio. Who did this all start with? who had the most different powers? Iv'e heard that padre pio not only had stigmata, But also could levitate, bilocate, speak in tounges, read peoples souls, and had souls from purgatory come visit him asking for prayers. Was he the only one who had all of these powers?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2007 - 7:28AM #2
Shaner

friendofsaints&angels wrote:

Hey shaner or whoever could help me with this, How many catholic saints, monks, nuns, etc that have been affiliated with the Catholic Church have had stigmata (the 5 wounds of Christ exposed)??? I know of saint padre pio, saint francis of assisi, And I heard that Blessed sister Saint faustina had the invisible stigmata, and also had the power to read souls as did padre pio. Who did this all start with? who had the most different powers? Iv'e heard that padre pio not only had stigmata, But also could levitate, bilocate, speak in tounges, read peoples souls, and had souls from purgatory come visit him asking for prayers. Was he the only one who had all of these powers?

Hi friend,

I'm sorry, but off the top of my head I don't know how many.....it would take some Research to answer your questions, so can you be patient and wait?  :)

Sandy

"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2007 - 12:16PM #3
friendofsaints&angels
Yes I will be patient, and thanks for getting back to me. P.S. I sent you a private email trying to figure out how to get back here, But obviously I have found my way back here.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2008 - 9:25AM #4
Paladin4God

friendofsaints&angels wrote:

Iv'e heard that padre pio not only had stigmata, But also could levitate, bilocate, speak in tounges, read peoples souls, and had souls from purgatory come visit him asking for prayers. Was he the only one who had all of these powers?

Sir,

I'm not sure where you heard this, but as far as I know, no one can come back from the dead , either in soul or voice, asking for intercession. I think it is because of the wall God put between us and the dead.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook