Switch to Forum Live View I'm pretty close to converting to Seventh-Day Adventism-but I have one conflict I'm
6 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2008 - 1:09PM #1
N8lovesG.L.B.T.2009
I'm pretty close to converting to Seventh-Day Adventism-but I have one conflict I'm gay. What should I do about this??? I love the S.D.A. Church but I want acceptance.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2008 - 1:09PM #2
N8lovesG.L.B.T.2009
I'm pretty close to converting to Seventh-Day Adventism-but I have one conflict I'm gay. What should I do about this??? I love the S.D.A. Church but I want acceptance.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2008 - 12:24PM #3
sincerly

N8lovesG.L.B.T.2009 wrote:

N8Loves, welcome to the SDA Forums.
First, because this is the SDA to SDA forum----Your question should have been placed on the Welcome---SDA forum. But I'll do my best to give you the SDA Church's position on your question.

You want acceptance and the SDA Church does accept all persons who choose to ACCEPT God's standards as seen in the Scriptures into membership------We are all sinners in need of the only means of giving/making Atonement to/with the Father.

The Father accepts one who is Repentant and is totally committed to submitting their will to HIS WILL.
One can attend services and will be welcome, but the SDA Church isn't one which accepts an active  Gay person into membership as is done in some other churches.

Therefore, as "converting"-----meaning full membership----and continuing to practice that which God has condemned----that practice will not be accepted. You as a person will be.

The question, as I see it, is should one expect GOD to change HIS standards to accommodate  the desires of one who loves that which is condemned?  Or should the one
one be obedient to the WILL and instructions of GOD.?? (i.e., GOD HIMSELF)

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2008 - 7:25PM #4
spudette
N8, welcome. Obviously, you understand that God doesn't approve of your particular inclination. My question to you is, do you understand why He doesn't approve? Do you understand that He didn't create you or anyone else gay?

The fact remains that God wants to save you just like He wants to save every other human being, But every single human being needs to accept God's way. Jesus calls people to take up their cross and to follow Him. The mistake many people make is in thinking that God always heals people right now in this life. It is true that sometiomes He does, but also sometimes He doesn't, and we don't always understand why He sometimes chooses not to heal us until we enter eternity.

God considers your sexual inclination a sin, and like all sin, it is an abomination to Him. But He does love you immensely. My other question to you is actually two questions:
(1) Are you willing to admit that God is right?
(2) Are you willing to give up this sin as well as others you may have in your heart? This one would mean that you are willing to live your life without a sexual relationship unless God grants you a miraculous change in your inclination. In this case, I see no reason why you couldn't be accepted in the SDA Church, and I personally would be very willing to be a friend to you. Remember, there are many other people who, even though they are heterosexual, still sin in this area by not keeping their sexual activity within God's prescribed limits.

May God bless you and guide you.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook