Switch to Forum Live View What is the difference?
6 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2008 - 2:17PM #1
seionsamuraigaru
I have posted this question on the just plain Christianity forum, also because I'm not sure what the difference is between Evangelical Christianity and just Christianity.  Please explain the difference.  Thank-you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2008 - 1:17AM #2
goden1
[QUOTE=seionsamuraigaru;811902]I have posted this question on the just plain Christianity forum, also because I'm not sure what the difference is between Evangelical Christianity and just Christianity.  Please explain the difference.  Thank-you.[/QUOTE]
I understand Evangelicals as believers in a literal interpretation of the Bible, and the others with their own traditions.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2008 - 4:22PM #3
Brobrooz1
[QUOTE=seionsamuraigaru;811902]I have posted this question on the just plain Christianity forum, also because I'm not sure what the difference is between Evangelical Christianity and just Christianity.  Please explain the difference.  Thank-you.[/QUOTE]

What is 'just plain Christianity?'...
Here are B'nets definitions:
Evangelical Christians
For Christians who believe that the Bible is literally true, inerrant, and the only authority for Christian faith.

Progressive Christians
For Christians who base their faith primarily on the Bible but do not necessarily believe the Bible is inerrant, and identify primarily as Christians but may find truth expressed in other faiths as well.

Traditional Christians
For Protestant, Catholic and Orthodox Christians who subscribe to the Apostles' Creed, believe that the Bible is the normative source of authority for Christians but do not necessarily believe the Bible is inerran t

Could not find it, but there used to be a difinition by beliefnet that a Christian was anyone who considered themselves to be...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2008 - 8:59PM #4
birwin4

I don't think there are a lot of differences. The nearer Christians gets to Christ the nearer they are to each other. The tags Evangelical, progressive and traditional are far too general and in my opinion not very helpful.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook