6 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2008 - 3:21PM #1
Shaner
Hello,

I've been invited to my cousin's son's Baptism in the LDS.  He's 8 yrs. old and has grown up in the faith. 

I'd like to buy him something special that represents his faith, but I don't have a clue what that might be.

Can anyone help, give suggestions??
"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2008 - 3:42PM #2
moksha8088
Either an LDS quad Bible set, a white shirt and clip-on tie  or a CTR ring  would all fit that gift specific requirement.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2008 - 5:38PM #3
bytebear
You might want to browse www.deseretbook.com.  This is the official LDS bookstore, but has gifts as well.  It will at least give you ideas.  If you do a search on "baptism" there are lots of gift ideas.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2008 - 9:33AM #4
Shaner
Thank you both, you've been very helpful! 

Peace,
Sandy
"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2008 - 4:42PM #5
pnr
I rrecommend that you give no present at all for the baptism.  The baptism is a sacred ordinance.  Kids being kids, presents distract from that event.

OTOH, if you want to give him a gift for his eighth birthday, that would be a different subject.  8 year olds are sometimes give their own personal set of scriptures (parents often give this, but you could get the scripture tote).   Some kids are mature enough to get a good quality CTR ring that they won't loose.   Some kids get their first white shirt and tie at this age.   (CTR stands for choose the right.)   Maybe he would enjoy a  book about the young lives of the prophets or one of the other young person's books that are church oriented (though if I were you and inclined that way, I'd pick just a really good inspiring piece of literature --- not everything has to be church related.)
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook