Switch to Forum Live View curious outsider looking for some insight
6 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2008 - 4:42PM #1
tavirozsa2709
Hi all,

I am currently interested in learning more about the Anglican/Episcopalian faith; in particular, I am interested in learning about the more liberal end of the spectrum as I do not identify with conservative approaches to religion or politics (I myself identify as being very liberal in the modern sense of the word). To make a long story short (see profile for details): I was raised Roman Catholic, discovered that this was not the right path for me, and I am not sure what I believe in at this point (or even if I believe that Jesus was the Messiah; I'm still trying to figure that out and I hope to resolve that eventually). However, as I have read many positive articles written by Anglicans/Episcopalians and, after researching the faith, feel at least some attraction to this religion, I would like to learn more about it by those who actually practice the faith. I would also like to know/figure out if Episcopalianism would be right for me (I recognize that the Jesus question is an issue; I *am* hoping to come to a conclusion on that in due time. I do, however, respect, agree with, and try to follow some of his teachings; I feel that the commandment "love one another" is especially important).

So, here are some basic questions that I would like to ask (and feel free to include anything else that you would like to tell me, in either English, French, or Italian: I can read those three languages).

1. How did you know that liberal Episcopalianism was the right faith for you?
2. What do you like most about your faith?
3. What, in your opinions, are the most important teachings of your faith?
4. How hard is it to find a church  (i.e., is it hard to find an Anglican/Episcopal church near you that is liberal-leaning)?
5. What do you feel are the most important things for people to know before they make a conversion to Episcopalianism?
6. How has being Episcopalian made your life better/given you a deeper and richer life? How has your faith influenced you in decision making and other areas?
7. anything else you'd like to add!

thanks!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 11, 2008 - 7:30PM #2
Merope
[QUOTE=tavirozsa2709;439099]Hi all,

I am currently interested in learning more about the Anglican/Episcopalian faith; in particular, I am interested in learning about the more liberal end of the spectrum as I do not identify with conservative approaches to religion or politics (I myself identify as being very liberal in the modern sense of the word). To make a long story short (see profile for details): I was raised Roman Catholic, discovered that this was not the right path for me, and I am not sure what I believe in at this point (or even if I believe that Jesus was the Messiah; I'm still trying to figure that out and I hope to resolve that eventually). However, as I have read many positive articles written by Anglicans/Episcopalians and, after researching the faith, feel at least some attraction to this religion, I would like to learn more about it by those who actually practice the faith. I would also like to know/figure out if Episcopalianism would be right for me (I recognize that the Jesus question is an issue; I *am* hoping to come to a conclusion on that in due time. I do, however, respect, agree with, and try to follow some of his teachings; I feel that the commandment "love one another" is especially important).

So, here are some basic questions that I would like to ask (and feel free to include anything else that you would like to tell me, in either English, French, or Italian: I can read those three languages).

4. How hard is it to find a church  (i.e., is it hard to find an Anglican/Episcopal church near you that is liberal-leaning)?
5. What do you feel are the most important things for people to know before they make a conversion to Episcopalianism?
6. How has being Episcopalian made your life better/given you a deeper and richer life? How has your faith influenced you in decision making and other areas?

thanks![/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"]My apologies for not getting back to you sooner.  As you can see, this board doesn't get a lot of traffic :-( 

Please feel welcome to ask your question on the "Anglican/Episcopal" board: http://community.beliefnet.com/forums/f … .php?f=130.  Just copy your post, start a thread there, and paste in your post from this board.

[/COLOR]
Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 11, 2008 - 7:30PM #3
Merope
[QUOTE=tavirozsa2709;439099]Hi all,

thanks![/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"]My apologies for not getting back to you sooner.  As you can see, this board doesn't get a lot of traffic :-( 

Please feel welcome to ask your question on the "Anglican/Episcopal" board: http://community.beliefnet.com/forums/f … .php?f=130.  Just copy your post, start a thread there, and paste in your post from this board.

[/COLOR]
Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook