Switch to Forum Live View Calling all Witches!!!
7 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2008 - 1:14AM #1
Gladish-heart
Merry meet, everyone!
My name is Jen, and I have recently begun my year-and-a-day of study. (As if that were long enough...) I would like to introduce myself on the new forums, and establish contact with all those who would be my guides during my solitary study.
I am 29, and I live and work in China. (I was born in the U.S., though- to caucasian parents...) I am currently working as a production assistant on a documentary film series being produced in China, and so I'm kindof cut off from any covens or other orginizations, as well as teachers and fellow practitioners. I am hoping that all of you can be my community, and answer any questions I may have.
I am not new to beliefnet. I joined in 2004 and surfed through Paganism, Heathenism, and Reconstructionist Religions before finally landing here.  I've found that my core beliefs (greatly influenced by Chinese Feng Shui and Herbal Medicine) mesh quite perfectly with Witchcraft and perhaps Wicca as well.
I am incredibly serious about sticking with this, and growing through study and meditation, but I will need to correspond with other like-minded folks to better understand my path. Thank you all in advance for being there for me!
Blessings,
Jen
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2008 - 1:14AM #2
Gladish-heart
Merry meet, everyone!
My name is Jen, and I have recently begun my year-and-a-day of study. (As if that were long enough...) I would like to introduce myself on the new forums, and establish contact with all those who would be my guides during my solitary study.
I am 29, and I live and work in China. (I was born in the U.S., though- to caucasian parents...) I am currently working as a production assistant on a documentary film series being produced in China, and so I'm kindof cut off from any covens or other orginizations, as well as teachers and fellow practitioners. I am hoping that all of you can be my community, and answer any questions I may have.
I am not new to beliefnet. I joined in 2004 and surfed through Paganism, Heathenism, and Reconstructionist Religions before finally landing here.  I've found that my core beliefs (greatly influenced by Chinese Feng Shui and Herbal Medicine) mesh quite perfectly with Witchcraft and perhaps Wicca as well.
I am incredibly serious about sticking with this, and growing through study and meditation, but I will need to correspond with other like-minded folks to better understand my path. Thank you all in advance for being there for me!
Blessings,
Jen
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2008 - 3:55PM #3
TheWhiteHart
Merry Meet, Jen. Hopefully you will find what you are looking for. :)

Be advised, we can be a contentious lot. ;) Also... have care in China... I hear that certain things involving religion are punishable offenses. Namely converting people, but if you are going to be solitary, then that's not a problem for the foreseeable future.

Rain
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2008 - 5:18PM #4
Gladish-heart
Hello, Rain! I don't plan on being a belligerent Witch- I'm still learning and I think that would be uncalled for at this point, so I should be fine in China. As far as religion goes, you can practice any sort as a solitary without having to worry about anything. (As long as you're not a nudist..) The Chinese pretty much have the Rede down pat- their version would be: "Do what ever the hell you want, as long as it doesn't bother me." Thanks for your concern, though!
Blessings,
Jen
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook