Post Reply
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
4 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 4:07PM #21
zerin
Posts: 509

Dec 16, 2008 -- 6:05PM, Godgirl wrote:

Also, do mormons believe their religion is the only right and true religion and that it is the "only way?"


In a sense yes. It is the only Church that has divine authority from God; the only church that has the proper priesthood. We believe that other churches have some truth, but not the full turth of the gospel.


I read that mormons believe others can get to heaven, but i guess the only way they believe you get to the best heaven is through mormonism?


Putting it crudely that is right.


I am not intrested in becoming mormon...as I have my roots in another type of Christianity...but i always keep my eyes and ears open. I am more of simply a believer in God with some intrest in religion.


That is Okay; nothing wrong with asking questions!

zerinus
Mormon FAQ
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 4:11PM #22
zerin
Posts: 509

Dec 16, 2008 -- 9:42PM, Godgirl wrote:

Cause i have always heard that mormons aren`t realy christian so I thought this ment that mormons don`t believe that Jesus is God.


Mormons are Christians and they beleive that Jesus is God. See my previous posts.


I am still confused by your answer wheter or not mormons believe that Jesus is God but it seems from your answer they believe he is.


Yes, we believe that He is, but not the same as God the Father.

zerinus
Mormon FAQ
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 4:29PM #23
zerin
Posts: 509

Dec 17, 2008 -- 2:28PM, Godgirl wrote:

LOL! Thanks for your help but im not on a search. The reason why i stated what I stated is simply because i am an open minded person. I already struggle with the identity of CHrist in my own religion so why would i go to a similar religion that claims the same thing about Christ as my religion does?


I doubt if Mormonism teaches exactly the same things about Christ as your religion does.


Your right though that probably sooner than later I will come to terms with Christ and stop douting him. The thing is I started studying Christ in a acedemic sence and I was suprized at what I learned: That pagan Gods already did the same thing as Christ did (in mythology) some time before.


We believe that true Christianity is a very ancient religion, and a corrupted version of it may have survived in pagan mythology.


And that the new testement was written many years after the old testement.


Well, I should think so. What made you think otherwise?


Also that Christ believed that people who were actualy sick with real diseases were just "demon possessed"


That is not a Christian belief, and never has been. It is not wat Christ taught. You appear to have been very badly imsinformed about the Christian religion.


Christ said once "Come out of the man you deaf and dumb spirit" he says."


He did. It is possible for beople to be "deamon possessed". It doesn't mean that everyone who is sick is demon possesed. Jesus healed all kinds of diseases, including those who were not deamon possessed.


We dont think like this today! If you want to adress these things I will hapily listen. Thanks.


Who doesn't think what doday? Doctors may not believe in demons, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist. Most diseases are not caused by demons, and Jesus neve said that they were. But that does not mean that there are no demons.

zerinus
Mormon FAQ
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 4:32PM #24
zerin
Posts: 509

Dec 17, 2008 -- 2:40PM, Godgirl wrote:

ps: just FYI the reason why i call myself "God girl" is because i am realy big into God the father. I simply just struggle with the concept of his son....I can`t help it. I want to believe but after you start studying Christ from an acedemic secular viewpoint...you start to discover things that you wouldn`t about Christ if you didnt do the study. Everything would be alot easier for me if i just believed in Christ again but I cant get myself to.


Have you tried reading the Book of Mormon? I very much recommnd it. It will give you a different (and correct) perspective on Jesus Christ.

zerinus
Mormon FAQ
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 4:37PM #25
zerin
Posts: 509

Dec 17, 2008 -- 9:21PM, Godgirl wrote:

You said "the book of mormon is a sacred manuscript that looks into thoes people (people who claim that they saw Christs resurection)." Facinating! I will have to look into that (eventhough i am not looking to convert.) Maybe it will strenthen me in my own Christianity. I didnt know there was such a thing! But doesnt the bible say at the very end that one should not add or take away from the bible? Isnt the book of Mormon an "add" to the bible? I mean would you say that you are adding to the bible? You know what i mean i mean you must have read the very end of the bible! I have always wondered about this. Is the book of mormon hard to read? I did actualy try to read it at someones house along time ago and it was completely foriegn to me. Like i said, im not trying to convert but I think if i looked into the testemonies in the book of Mormon of the people who claim that they saw Jesus resurection...maybe it will make me stronger in my faith. I have looked into all kinds of religions in the past but i have a problem with most all of them. Particulary when they require something that is dangerous of their members or when they are too loosly structrued in their beliefs, or when they require too many rituals. I never looked into Mormonism because I have never thought about it before Plus i have heard bad things about it on tv and from other Christians. Im not looking to convert but just curious. Plus i am not sure what i would gain considering i already have a religion and that according to my form of CHristianity all i need is Jesus to be saved and thats it and not an extra book to follow by. All i need to do is to believe in Jesus. I have been trying to figure out lately if belief is a choice or not. I heard a preacher once say that it is a choice. Sometimes i think it is a choice and sometimes i think that people cant help what they do or do not believe.


Yes, the Book of Mormon is a book of scripture like the Bible, and I would recommend you to study it. See my previous post.

zerinus
Mormon FAQ
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 4:39PM #26
zerin
Posts: 509

Dec 18, 2008 -- 12:48AM, Godgirl wrote:

I have just now decided to believe in Jesus simply because i heard a pastor once say that believing is a choice so I will have "life insurance." Before i was overcomplicating things and I was cheating on God by looking into other religions. I was simply spinning my wheals. I have decided not to make things so hard on myself. I am going to go back to my own religion (christianity-protestant) and just not to dout and question every little thing. If there is a hell, I dont want to go there.


We believe in hell as well as in heaven.

zerinus
Mormon FAQ
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook