6 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2008 - 3:10PM #1
dustyskies
I know Yule is comming up very soon. 21st if i am right?  Unfortunately i am unaware of all the meanings in it and how people celebrate it. any help?

dustyskies
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2008 - 6:16PM #2
CreakyHedgewitch
[QUOTE=dustyskies;954381]I know Yule is comming up very soon. 21st if i am right?  Unfortunately i am unaware of all the meanings in it and how people celebrate it. any help?

dustyskies[/QUOTE]
Dustyskies,

There have been some recent threads on the subject, typical for this time of year.

The Wiccan Sabbat of Yule (not to be confused with the Germanic Yule) takes place on the Winter Solstice. That can be anywhere from the 20th to 22nd but this year, I do believe it is astronomically on the 21st.

How Wiccans (or non-Wiccan Pagans) celebrate Yule is going to depend on where they are, what tradition of Wicca they enact and who they are celebrating with. One of the core beliefs of Wicca however is to celebrate the Sabbats but there is no single answer I’m afraid for meaning.

Perhaps this might be helpful. Try a keyword search online such as ‘Wicca+Yule’ and see what is there. Then please come back and ask more specific questions about what you found.

C.H.
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2008 - 5:08PM #3
dustyskies
thanks, i will have a look.

blessed be
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook