Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
6 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2008 - 9:59PM #11
TheWhiteHart
[QUOTE=itty;756904]Thnks WhiteHart.

I have doing so on line reading and came across an article, which was taken from a lecture, it was an interesting read. I will post the link here and ask if you can comment about the veracity of it. I don't ask you to viloate any oaths but would like a general impression.

Here is the link.

http://www.wiccanway.net/history.html

I have put this here because I think that having a modicum of understanding of the tangled threads from which modern Wicca arose can be enlightening for a person new to the religion.

Thanks again,
itty[/QUOTE]

It is a rather long, and involved, piece of work. And it looks quite thorough. I am not aware of all of the particulars, though others certainly will be.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2008 - 11:09AM #12
Bugscuttle
Ok, ok...I hereby retract any reccommendation of DJ Conway.  Having read other authors and hearing from several people whose wisdom I respect here and elsewhere (ie. White Hart and CH: respect!)  Also, some of her writing just seems silly.
     I'm also finding that I'm learning a great deal by just walking in nature with my senses open and my mouth shut. (hey, that's a big change for me!)
Blessed be!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2008 - 12:05PM #13
TheWhiteHart
[QUOTE=Bugscuttle;766494]Ok, ok...I hereby retract any reccommendation of DJ Conway.  Having read other authors and hearing from several people whose wisdom I respect here and elsewhere (ie. White Hart and CH: respect!)  Also, some of her writing just seems silly.
     I'm also finding that I'm learning a great deal by just walking in nature with my senses open and my mouth shut. (hey, that's a big change for me!)
Blessed be![/QUOTE]

It is a most excellent start!

You will find that authors such as Conway tend to write without checking their sources or facts. Silver Ravenwolf is another, on top of which, she has written that teens should lie and defy their parents over religion. Not the work of a responsible person. As you noted, lot of fluff and little substance.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 19, 2008 - 4:40PM #14
Fallengrace504
Thank you all for all the recomendations! =)
I am looking forward to reading them and learning all I can.
And I will make sure to stay away from Conway, and Ravenwolf.

And I have one last question. I know that Mabon is coming up this week and I want to do something to celabrate.
Would anyone have any ideas?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2008 - 12:21PM #15
TheWhiteHart
Mabon, the Autumn Equinox, is a time of balance as the day and night are equal. It is always appropriate to reflect on such things. Also, the harvest is in full swing, and it is also an excellent time to give thanks for the fruits of the earth.

http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=usma&c=holidays&id=3623
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2008 - 5:08PM #16
Bugscuttle
It's my first Sabbat and I'm very excited!  Gathered some acorns and juniper berries to adorn my altar, etc...  I'm really ready for moonrise!  And Blessed Be to All of you on Mabon!
Joey
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook