Switch to Forum Live View Chrismated/Baptized can't find papers
6 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2008 - 3:12PM #1
angelspirit
Need a priest quick...
I posted this on another forum- in error- I think-
My aunt was  supposedly chrismated in the ER church in the late 1940's early 50's.. they don't have a record of this- well they did a lot of moving etc. after WWII etc.
She didn't attend church again until recently..and now goes to the RC.
OK. here is the problem. without the paper does she have to be re-chrismated? baptized?
can she have a catholic funeral? I suggested she take RC confirmation.
What should she do? Need some good advice here.
Thanks!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2008 - 7:57AM #2
Shaner

angelspirit wrote:

Need a priest quick...
My aunt was supposedly chrismated in the ER church in the late 1940's early 50's.. they don't have a record of this- well they did a lot of moving etc. after WWII etc.
OK. here is the problem. without the paper does she have to be re-chrismated? baptized?
Thanks!

Hello angelspirit,

The best advice I can give you, considering your Aunt's Baptismal and Confirmation records have been lost, is to make an appt. with the Priest at the Church she's now attending, so she can explain her situation to him.  As soon as possible, hopefully. 

The Priest will be a far better source of information for your Aunt's present status. 

All the best,
Sandy

"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2008 - 7:57AM #3
Shaner

angelspirit wrote:

Need a priest quick...
My aunt was supposedly chrismated in the ER church in the late 1940's early 50's.. they don't have a record of this- well they did a lot of moving etc. after WWII etc.
Thanks!

Hello angelspirit,

The best advice I can give you, considering your Aunt's Baptismal and Confirmation records have been lost, is to make an appt. with the Priest at the Church she's now attending, so she can explain her situation to him.  As soon as possible, hopefully. 

The Priest will be a far better source of information for your Aunt's present status. 

All the best,
Sandy

"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2008 - 3:18AM #4
lil_lamb
i do believe they call it a conditional baptism. and there is a formal reception into the church. yes, consult with a priest, there are standard procedures for all these things. things happen all the time. the church where i was baptised burned down. it was also in another country. another church took over the record keeping, but who remembered the burnt church and what happened? a very very sweet cousin hunted it all down for me - but really, that's the hard way.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook