Switch to Forum Live View Looking for spell website with freebies
6 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2008 - 1:28AM #1
Stinky7
I am looking for alot of info a website with free lists of spells,or a cheap good book with same.A few websites with good basic and correct info on crystals and working with them.   Finding a way through meditation to talk to the god and godesses.   Free info on basic scrying.Please respond asap,THANKS
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2008 - 7:52AM #2
CreakyHedgewitch
Stinky7,

I’m not sure what this request has to do with the Religion of Wicca, which does not use spellcraft outside of a specific religious framework that one won't find on a website.

From the perspective of generic Pagan spellcraft, I would make the following suggestions.

I am looking for alot of info a website with free lists of spells,or a cheap good book with same.

Do a keyword search for spells.  If someone has posted written spells on a website, then they are free. Unless the website has a copyright feature enabled in which case you will need to print or copy by hand.

Please keep in mind that experienced practitioners of magical systems (and there are numerous systems and types of spellcraft) do not post spells online or write them up in books. If a spell truly works, one has a responsibility to ensure it doesn’t fall into anyone’s hands where lack of knowledge, training or ethics may result in harm being done.

As for the spells one will find online, these will by necessity be generic, will have no guarantee to work, may be rendered useless or ineffective for any number of reasons and/or the ingredients may be too expensive to consider. 

A few websites with good basic and correct info on crystals and working with them.

Keyword search again. Try crystals+divination for example. Crystals are largely a modern divination practice and historical claims should be treated very sceptically as they almost always relate back into indigenous beliefs or interpretative assumptions. Crystal work doesn’t click for everyone though but there are certainly enough generic websites out there with basic information. The use of crystals by the way is not a Wiccan practice and it may or may not be a personal choice by any Witch to use. Depending on your ethical beliefs, it may or may not be a factor that crystals end up in stores today largely due to highly destructive mining practices that harm both the land and the localised population(s) involved.

Finding a way through meditation to talk to the god and godesses.

Keyword search on mediation. There are many variations and you would have to test them to determine what works for you. No form of mediation is a Wiccan practice but Wiccans may choose to use such in his or her personal disciplines.
It also helps if you know which gods you wish to talk to and whether meditation is required or even necessary. The generic the Lord and the Lady found in Neo-Wiccan Traditions are often identified with various global deities by a group or individual. The actual pantheon of the Religion of Wicca however - the Gods of Wicca - are identified only through oathbound lineaged transmission.

Free info on basic scrying.

Keyword search.
Again, not a Wiccan practice and there are many forms.

Once you have done your research, you are of course welcome to ask the opinions of members here on more specific questions or you might prefer the Witchcraft or Paganism boards instead. You are more likely to get responses on this subject on those boards.

C.H.

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2008 - 12:37PM #3
Stinky7
Thanks for giving me this response,partly I think I phrased my questions wrong,partially I received info on wicca from others that were not knowlrdgeable enough.I will reread your reply so I can learn ,grow and get on the correct track,thanks alot
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 14, 2008 - 7:55AM #4
runeman11
Yeah, I tend to brush aside all of the mineral/crystal correspondances (then again I mostly do the same thing with color's and astrology too).  Thats not to say that there is nothing valid there, but in my personal practice I have just never felt the resonance from working with those systems.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2008 - 8:35PM #5
itty

Stinky7 wrote:

Thanks for giving me this response,partly I think I phrased my questions wrong,partially I received info on wicca from others that were not knowlrdgeable enough.I will reread your reply so I can learn ,grow and get on the correct track,thanks alot

Welcome Stinky.  Creaky is a very knowlegdable person. She gave you some good information.

I would also add that if you wish to spellwork then the ones that will work best are the ones you craft for yourself. I would tell you to do those keyword searches, read carefully then make an evaluation about what is said. Most of what you find will be generic. You may find some structure to different spells that may help you craft your own. Or, you can make up your own structure. Make any sort of work you do very specific. Be grounded, have your mind clear and focused on the task. Above all don't rely on the work you do to be the ONLY thing you do. Most spells are going to require more than that. You are going to have to work to make them come to fruition. Also remember the old adage, "There is no such thing as a free lunch." Make that your mantra.

That said I will also say that I do spellwork. I am Wiccan. Spellwork is NOT, IME, part of the core of the religion. That doesn't mean Wiccans don't do it. We do. It just means we don't necessarily consider it to be a religious thing. My opinion.

Take a look around. Go to the Wicca and Discuss Wicca boards. Look at some of the thread here. You will find much to interest you, challenge you and help you on your path.

I don't use crystals. I do use stones in my rituals and spell work. There are stones I have found in my travels that just resonated with me. I have others that were given to me.

Just a bit of info for you. I hope you find B'net to be a good place to learn and grow and have some fun.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook