Switch to Forum Live View Stronger Relationship with GOD back
7 years ago  ::  Dec 16, 2007 - 4:08AM #1
wifemomof3
Hello. I had 3 awful things happen in August of 2005, 1.  I got pregnant with No. 3 (NOT AWFUL), but I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks.  2.  One of my very good friends was pregnant with twins and had already lost one at the beginning of her pregnancy, lost her other baby and actually had to deliver her she was approximately 30 weeks.  3.  Hurricane Katrina - this didn't directly affect me, but it was awful. 

One month later, I got pregnant again and was very nervous, but prayed.

In 2006, my husband and I decided that we were going to take our 2.3 children and move to California for better nursing opportunities for my husband.  So we moved to Palm Springs, CA (not recommended for young families) and two months later started a business and got horrible news at the same time.  On March 10, 2006, my father was diagnosed with Small Cell Lung Cancer and on March 28, 2006, my cousin called and said that if I wanted to see my dad, then I had to get to Pocatello, ID now.  So, my husband and I and our 2.5 children flew to Salt Lake City, UT and met my brother and drove 2 hours to Pocatello, ID.  Well, 3 hours after we got there, my father died.  March 10 - March 29 = 19 days.  This was one of the most traumatic things I have gone thru.  This and the death of my mom in 2000.  So, dealing with this and being pregnant and trying to stay up beat for our other children was very difficult.

When we got back to CA, I took some time off of our business.  Fast forward 2 months, Beautiful Healthy BABY born.  I wanted to move from Palm Springs so badly, so we made the day and half drive back to our home. 

Sorry, if it seems like I am rambling.  I'm trying to make a point 

When we got back home, we were back at our church, and back in our home.  We really started heavily with our business and a couple months down the line I noticed that I really didn't want to work on the business.  After many months, I became seriously depressed.  Thank GOD, that a few months later I got out of it, but ever since this my relationship with GOD has struggled.  I didn't rely on GOD when I was depressed, but the ironic thing is that I didn't even realize I was depressed until my best friend pointed it out to me. 

So finally, my question is How do I get back to the point where I am on Fire for GOD?  Thru all of the things that I went thru I NEVER stopped loving GOD, but just wasn't in a place to express it.

Thanks for your help and sorry it took so long, I just wanted to give you some type of history.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 16, 2007 - 4:08AM #2
wifemomof3
Hello. I had 3 awful things happen in August of 2005, 1.  I got pregnant with No. 3 (NOT AWFUL), but I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks.  2.  One of my very good friends was pregnant with twins and had already lost one at the beginning of her pregnancy, lost her other baby and actually had to deliver her she was approximately 30 weeks.  3.  Hurricane Katrina - this didn't directly affect me, but it was awful. 

One month later, I got pregnant again and was very nervous, but prayed.

In 2006, my husband and I decided that we were going to take our 2.3 children and move to California for better nursing opportunities for my husband.  So we moved to Palm Springs, CA (not recommended for young families) and two months later started a business and got horrible news at the same time.  On March 10, 2006, my father was diagnosed with Small Cell Lung Cancer and on March 28, 2006, my cousin called and said that if I wanted to see my dad, then I had to get to Pocatello, ID now.  So, my husband and I and our 2.5 children flew to Salt Lake City, UT and met my brother and drove 2 hours to Pocatello, ID.  Well, 3 hours after we got there, my father died.  March 10 - March 29 = 19 days.  This was one of the most traumatic things I have gone thru.  This and the death of my mom in 2000.  So, dealing with this and being pregnant and trying to stay up beat for our other children was very difficult.

When we got back to CA, I took some time off of our business.  Fast forward 2 months, Beautiful Healthy BABY born.  I wanted to move from Palm Springs so badly, so we made the day and half drive back to our home. 

Sorry, if it seems like I am rambling.  I'm trying to make a point 

When we got back home, we were back at our church, and back in our home.  We really started heavily with our business and a couple months down the line I noticed that I really didn't want to work on the business.  After many months, I became seriously depressed.  Thank GOD, that a few months later I got out of it, but ever since this my relationship with GOD has struggled.  I didn't rely on GOD when I was depressed, but the ironic thing is that I didn't even realize I was depressed until my best friend pointed it out to me. 

So finally, my question is How do I get back to the point where I am on Fire for GOD?  Thru all of the things that I went thru I NEVER stopped loving GOD, but just wasn't in a place to express it.

Thanks for your help and sorry it took so long, I just wanted to give you some type of history.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 16, 2007 - 3:35PM #3
mas21
Hi wifemomof3!

It's great that you felt able to share your situation, you have had an awful time.

I am assuming you are trying to read your bible and pray. This is the best thing you can do. Don't feel guilty if you don't get to read it everyday.

Could you ask someone in the church to pray with/for you, that you might be refilled with the spirit, and your passion for God to return.

Just over 2 years ago I stopped going to church after some difficulties, I did not go to church for 9 months, and while I still believed in and wanted to live for God, I didn't know how. I settled into another church where I have just become a member, and am more on fire now than ever
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2007 - 12:55PM #4
Lily05
When I am feeling not so "on fire" I find it helpful to go where people are" on fire".  Check with your church events planners and see if they have any information on  a weekend event (or even a day seminar) that you could attend.  It sounds like you must be a very organized person with 3 kids and a business in the past, maybe you could help plan a trip or seminar for you church - sometimes taking the first step to get more involved is all you need to rekindle the flame.  Let us know how it goes.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2007 - 10:32PM #5
wifemomof3
Thank you so much for responding to my post.  It makes me feel good that GOD fearing people are reading this stuff.  When my husband and I met, we were going to one church and we love going there, but it takes us about 35-40 minutes to get there and to get home.  My husband works some weekends and it is difficult for us to go there.  So we have been going to another church lately and it is very similiar to our church, but right across the street!!  Actually 2 of our kids go to the Christian Academy that they have there and on Sunday morning, I just asked GOD to speak to me and touch me and he did.  Even before the Pastor started preaching, I was crying.  I almost got up and went to the car to sob, but I knew that that was the Devil trying to steal my JOY, so I stayed.  I really feel that this is the church that we are supposed to begin going to, because I started to feel that FIRE again!! 

I know that it's not going to happen overnight, and there are still alot of things "I" need to get under control to allow the LORD to come in and minister to me, but I feel it starting. 

Again thanks for your help and feel free to continue to respond!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 9:13AM #6
mas21
Hi

Its great to hear that you have found a church which is closer and you and the family are happy in.  Keep us up to date with how things are going

:-)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 9:13AM #7
mas21
Hi

Its great to hear that you have found a church which is closer and you and the family are happy in.  Keep us up to date with how things are going

:-)
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook