Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
6 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2008 - 8:18PM #31
PassingTheTest
Hi Sincerly,
[QUOTE=sincerly;751006]See post for questioned verses.
Our God is the GOD of life, 2Pet.3:9 "not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance". Our GOD, also, understands the thoughts of men, (Matt.9:4; 12:25; Ps. 56:5; Isa.66:18; 59:7)"And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts? " Can, also, use those who are HIS to destroy those who would destroy HIS fledgling people to show that HE is the Lord of ALL. See Joshua 2:9
However, even with those verses Paul declares:[COLOR=red]Rom.11:33,"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable [are] his judgments, and his ways past finding out! "
Bob, GOD who will Destroy all wickedness in the "second death" can ,also, order the destruction of evil men during that first death.
I'm not foolish enough to question HIS MOTIVES and JUDGMENTS.

As far as Rahab's lying, can you prove that she was converted at the time-----Remember Peter's denial's!!!![/COLOR]

Ummm you missed the point.  You were telling me that there were no exceptions to the laws.  I pointed to various exceptions where one was lying, one was order to murder and did and the exception to the sabbath laws.  That is all I was point out was exceptions to something you stated there were no exceptions to.
[QUOTE=sincerly;751006]First of all, one's sins---second of all was the "sacrificial/ceremonial laws" which were but a "shadow" of the "very image" which was Jesus Christ upon that cross. Paul and those Collosians understood that fact.

And because the sacrificial law is now nailed to the cross, Paul then lists all the things were are now freed from in verse 16:

Colossians 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

So Paul lists objects that were under the sacrifical law that are no longer objects to be obeyed, let alone judged:  MEAT, DRINK, HOLYDAY, NEW MOONS, SABBATH DAYS.  The need for obedience to these things were nailed to the cross.

Peace,
Bob

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook