Switch to Forum Live View A not so simple simple Question
6 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2007 - 12:01PM #1
The_Green_Mom
I am adding a section on Sister, Complementary, & Friendly Religions to Our Family Book Of Shadows. We are a family of (non-Wiccan) Green Witches. My question is, does the Baha'i Faith fall into this category? It certainly doesn't appear to fall into the Unfriendly Or Antagonistic section! My ignorance is appalling and I am ashamed to admit that I only very recently became aware of this religion and certainly mean no offence in my ignorance. I thank you very much for your time & patience :)

A general though incomplete list of our beliefs follows below:

1) We worship the Earth as the Body of our Goddess who feeds and Sustains us.
2) We practice responsible, non-invasive & non-combative healing Witchcraft.
3) We strive to make our footprint on the earth as small as possible.
4)  We Believe that religion is a very personal thing and therefore one should not force ones beliefs on another without permission.
5) We Recognize & accept that there is validity in all religions.
6)We beleive evil is a human condition not a divine one.

Again thank your for your time.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2007 - 12:01PM #2
The_Green_Mom
I am adding a section on Sister, Complementary, & Friendly Religions to Our Family Book Of Shadows. We are a family of (non-Wiccan) Green Witches. My question is, does the Baha'i Faith fall into this category? It certainly doesn't appear to fall into the Unfriendly Or Antagonistic section! My ignorance is appalling and I am ashamed to admit that I only very recently became aware of this religion and certainly mean no offence in my ignorance. I thank you very much for your time & patience :)

A general though incomplete list of our beliefs follows below:

1) We worship the Earth as the Body of our Goddess who feeds and Sustains us.
2) We practice responsible, non-invasive & non-combative healing Witchcraft.
3) We strive to make our footprint on the earth as small as possible.
4)  We Believe that religion is a very personal thing and therefore one should not force ones beliefs on another without permission.
5) We Recognize & accept that there is validity in all religions.
6)We beleive evil is a human condition not a divine one.

Again thank your for your time.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2007 - 3:02AM #3
et_baha
I just re-joined Beliefnet and found your post.

I have to admit my ignorance of non-Wiccan Green Witches.

From your list, I see that the Baha'i Faith (as I understand it) overlaps to a certain degree with your beliefs.

1) Baha'is do not worship the Earth, but respect it as an expression of God's divine will.
2) Baha'is go to doctors, but at the same time the Writings state that healing can be achieved through foods and other natural methods as well as prayer.
3) Many Baha'is also strive to make our footprint on the earth as small as possible.
4)  Baha'is also believe that religion is a very personal thing and therefore one should not force ones beliefs on another without permission.
5) Baha'is accept the divinity and truth of the world's major religions.
6) Baha'is also believe that evil is a human condition not a divine one.

The main principle of the Baha'i Faith is Unity
- one God (neither male or female)
- one evolving Faith
- one human family

Take care,

Eva
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2007 - 10:31AM #4
The_Green_Mom
Thank you eva...I know it was an odd off the wall question ...I appreciate the information and your patience
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook