Switch to Forum Live View Juggling back and forth.
6 years ago  ::  Nov 27, 2007 - 4:54PM #1
mctaviix
Hello everyone, it has been well over a year since I have used beliefnet.  Well my story is, I was raised Roman Catholic and have been active since youth.  I was on the way to the seminary when I was 18 and decided it wasn't for me after learning about Orthodoxy.  I met and spoke with the priest of the local Orthodox parish many times and was in the process of catechetical training.  However, do to my obligations that still were existant, I didn't return for futher training.  This happened twice.  Now more than ever, I want to go completely through with it and be chrismated.  I thought, perhaps, there could be some people here who could give me advice on how to approach the priest on this.  It is embarassing, however I feel that he almost expects me to return since it has been well over 6 months and I still have the books I was studying.  Hope someone can help!  Thanks.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 27, 2007 - 10:54PM #2
cinci_orthodox
Just go and see him.  Priests are human too and know that these things can take time.

Cinci
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 27, 2007 - 11:03PM #3
mctaviix
Thanks Cinci, I still remember your posts because they were the ones that contained so much common sense.  Yes, you are entirely right and actually he knows all to well how hard it is since he converted from his Protestant faith (he was a pastor, no less).
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2007 - 10:50AM #4
ntheodorakis
Don't be embarrassed. I'm sure the priest has seen this kind of thing before; in fact, I've seen this kind of thing before and I'm just a layperson.

In XC,
Nick Theodorakis
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2007 - 10:50AM #5
ntheodorakis
Don't be embarrassed. I'm sure the priest has seen this kind of thing before; in fact, I've seen this kind of thing before and I'm just a layperson.

In XC,
Nick Theodorakis
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2007 - 2:08PM #6
KatherineOrthodixie
Dittos to the above.

We had a guy in our Parish who took years to convert. We referred to him as the "oldest living catechumen."
“The Law of the Church is to give oneself to what is given not to seek one’s own.” Fr. Alexander Schmemann
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook