7 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2007 - 3:10PM #1
dscr777
I am surprised that Beliefnet used a quote from Sai Baba for its Daily Hindu Wisdom today. I am repulsed by him. He does not represent the Hindu faith very well. Think twice before getting involved in anything related to Sai Baba. Do your own investigation and see what you find.

Peace, dscr777.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2007 - 1:08PM #2
manopras
Dear dscr777,
I am surprised at your statement that Sai Baba does not represent Hindu faith. He is GOD, who is not bound by any one religion! However, now there a large number of Hidnu temples dedicated to Sai Baba. Hindus worship Him as the incarnation of Lord Almighty God or Brahman as Guru representing the Guru Dattatreya. . He guided his devotees in their respective religious and spiritual traditions and exhorted them not to deviate from their 'swadharma'. He belongs to all religions of the world. He is the bedrock of universal spiritual ethos. He is striving for the spiritual evolution of all seekers irrespective of their religious affiliations. He is the beacon light to the current day world ridden with religious strife and prejudice.His Hindu devotees saw Sri Rama, Krishna / Vittal, Dattatreya, Hanuman, Shankar, Durga-mata, Maha Lakshmi, Ganesh and other gods and several holy saints in Him. He allowed his Hindu devotees to worship Him as per their traditions. Baba had profound knowledge of Hindu scriptures like Vedas including Upanishads, Bhagawadgita, Puranas such as Ramayana, Maha Bharat, Maha Bhagawat etc. and also Koran and Muslim religous tenets. He used to impart instruction to persons of both the religions in their respective classics and traditions.
Baba inculcated spirit of tolerance, respect and appreciation for religions other than their own among His devotees, which makes Him unique. To me, Bhagawan Sai Baba is embodiment of divine love, compassion, kindness, generosity and mercy. I see Bhagawan Shri Narayana in Sai Baba.  Many saints of Sanatana Dharma (Hinduism) are guided and inspired by Shirdi Sai Baba. For more details please visit http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org or http://www.saibaba.org.

Namasthe,
Peace to all,

manopras.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook