Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
7 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2007 - 10:53PM #21
Chokmah
spudette,

You quote Paul and the Torah. How about quoting some Jesus Christ for me..

thanks
"We thought, because we had power, we had wisdom"
      --Stephen Vincent Benet
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2007 - 11:18PM #22
Chokmah

spudette wrote:

Chokmah, you are correct, it is not God's will that anyone perish, but you must keep in mind that God gave people free choice, and He will not force anyone to follow His way. And He did say that certain people would not be in heaven. That is why there will be the lake of fire, to destroy permanently all unrepentant sinners, the devil, sin, and death. It may be a hard truth to accept, but nevertheless it IS the truth.

Sorry if that seems harsh, but why should God excuse sin? And if you think that God will wait until the last human being decides to quit sinning, you can think again. He said it Himself:

In Noah's time, God gave humans a chance to be saved, but only Noah and his family followed God's instruction. Everyone else perished. What makes you think it will be different at the end of the world? If this was the case, there would be no need for this world to end. God says what He means, and means what He says.

spudette,

You are preaching a Gospel of "works righteousness", and you should know by now that "we can't earn our salvation". For it is written, "You are saved by Faith and not by Works, lest ye should boast". So stop boasting, there is no such thing as free will. Free will implies informed consent, and unfortunately, humans are not properly informed by the Bible gods. You cannot hold an incompetent party to a contract. God made us incompetent and God already pre-ordained what is going to happen, so there is no valid contract, since one party is privy to information that the other party is not. These agreements lack the element of 'good faith" and are one sided.

So let's talk Bible talk, shall we:

Matt.22
[10] And those servants went out into the streets and gathered all whom they found, both bad and good; so the wedding hall was filled with guests.

John.12
[32] and I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."

Rev.7
[9] After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no man could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands,

I know that this all seems grossly unfair to you, but that is why Jesus told the parable about the workers in the vineyard; they all got the same wages even though some worked all day and others only for the last hour or so. Our God is an Awesome God, and God cannot lie... He came for ALL Men and Women and "what God wants, God gets".

Peace,

<>< chokmah

--Stephen Vincent Benet
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2007 - 5:06PM #23
Chokmah
spudettte,

Where are your? Ya gonna reply?

chok
      --Stephen Vincent Benet
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2008 - 3:49PM #24
Bob_Bennett
I believe in reincarnation , but not in hell.  ONe just keeps on reincarnating until they have mastered the teachings of Jesus.

The closes thing there is to hell is life on Earth.  There are a number of boutique bible translations in which the word 'hell' never appears, not once.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook