Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View What is the most significant spiritual issue you are grappling with in your life?
7 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2007 - 5:35PM #11
TalithaKuom
Shalom!
I'm a Gen-Y-er. I guess my struggle is praising God in the silences.
Peace of Christ!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 12:55PM #12
MammahinALA
Hello, I am a baby-boomer and new to this board.  I was poking around Bnet, exploring my options.
I have been a member over at Aging Gracefully (over 50 board) since 2003.

I am grapling with what I refer to as my Love Walk. I was asked to speak for a women's retreat back in October, so earlier this year God led me to study the many ways we can express the love of Christ to other people -- compassion, forgiveness, wisdom, leadership, etc. Through this journey I have experienced a devestating life circumstance. I was a widow of over five years when I met and married my current husband. We have now been married two years. However,  he fell into a depression soon after we married and ultimately became involved with another woman. When we were courting he presented himself to be a man of stamina and faithfulness. Even the people in our community who have known him for years are very surprised.

Anyway, I have learned so much about leaning on God and expressing the love of Christ without being a "doormat," so to speak.

We are now separated and the final chapter of my love walk is about LOVING THROUGH MERCY. I am discovering through study and prayer that MERCY is a very deep concept. The Mercy Seat was found in the Holy of Holies of the Tabernacle.  Only the priest could enter in once a year and only after confronting his own sin BEFORE he entered. His reason for sprinkling blood on the Mercy Seat was for intercession of the Isrealite nation. Also, God told Moses he would speak to him from between the angels over the Mercy Seat.

I understand that we may come boldly to the Throne of Grace because of Jesus' shed blood. The curtain was torn from the top to the bottom that separated us from the Holy of Holies. I believe God is teaching me a whole new concept of His love and how we are to express that love to and for others.

My journey has been very difficult, but if it leads me to the deep things of God -- it is worth the suffering!

Blessings to everyone, Mammah
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2008 - 12:11PM #13
Elijah
The fact that I found out 12/1/1968 at 9pm that the born again experience and I ,"received the Holy Ghost thirty days later," they are both Physical. You mean flesh? Yes, as one person put it. The Bible KJV of 1611 it says few will find the way. How few is few? St Matthew 24;37 But as the days of Noah (were), so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. There was only eight on Noah's boat. God destroyed Sodom because they couldn't find ten that where righteous in the town. Back to the question Why can't I find a single person that received the Born again experience in a physical way as I did? (Elijah's journal )
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 10:00AM #14
Pawn
Currently I'm dealing with the issues brought up in a song about trusting and obeying. My mantra the last few weeks have been "Trust and obey"...trust what it is that the Spirit has brought to the surface, and then obey and go forward even if the outcome is not known.

Some days have been easier than others. This week I was able to comfort a co-worker whose grandfather is close to death. It was a lack of compassion on my part however that made to take so long to respond to what God wanted me to do. So much to work on and so little power to do it!!!

-Pawn
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2008 - 1:59AM #15
SherriMunnerlyn
I  have been struggling with issues about  war, what the Christian response to wars should be,  and with issues about injustice, how we are called to respond to unjust, sometimes hopeless situations and circumstances. Generally, I think I know the answers, and the answers often sound easy, but  it  is so difficult. Some peope in the world live under such hopeless unjust situations, and I am drawn to their causes and search for ways to make a difference.  I believe we are to say  no to wars and respond to injustice by,  with love, speaking out against injustice and by, with love,  taking  a stand against injustice.  We must always guard ourselves against negative feelings and fear of  and hate for others and negativity and guard ourselves against violence of any  kind against others. I think we are called to lovingly resist injustice and lovingly take stands for what is right. And it is not about taking sides, it is about doing what is right before God. We should seek God's will to guide us.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2008 - 8:46PM #16
Laura78
I am struggling with many things, but the 2 at the top list are::

1) How to reconcile me being a Christian and feeling a lot of anger toward my father for cheating on my mum, not wanting to talk to him, giving him the silence treatment every time-forced by family events- I have to see him . What does forgiveness mean?

2) what happens to non-Christians. I can't accept the idea that they will all go to hell and that humanity is all morally corrupt by default.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook