Switch to Forum Live View New Third Editiion of A Course in Miracles
7 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2007 - 1:03PM #1
jjesseph
This fall the Foundation for Inner Peace, official publisher of the Course, issued the third edition of ACIM. This edition contains all of the improvements and corrections of the second edition as well as the two ACIM supplementary pamphlets: "The Song of Prayer: Prayer, Forgiveness and Healing," and "Psychotherapy: Purpose, Process and Practice." To learn about this third edition, visit the publisher's site here: http://www.acim.org/NewRelease/ThirdEditionSC.htm

Since the copyright on the first edition of ACIM was laid aside, there have been some different versions of the Course offered for sale. None of these is the version of the Course that the scribe of the Course, Helen Schucman and her scribal colleague William Thetford, authorized or were instructed by Jesus to have published. I strongly encourage anyone interested in the Course to obtain a copy of the third edition.

Joe Jesseph
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2007 - 5:50PM #2
Bob_Bennett
Joe,

Is the page numbering identical between the new 3rd edition and the previous 2nd edition?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 11:03AM #3
jjesseph
Hi Bob!

So you finally found your way through the maze to this new Beliefnet site (which is another maze, it seems to me). Nice to see you here! And sorry I did not notice your post sooner -- I was visiting relatives during the holidays and busy getting settled in a new location during December.

Anyway, to answser your question, yes, the page numbers are the same between the second and third edition. The only significance difference is that the third edition now contains both of the supplementary pamphlets. I find that the third edition is a little easier to read. The page color seems to be a brighter white and the type is darker.

See you in the ACIM Forum, Bob.

Joe Jesseph
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 5:12PM #4
Elijah
Miracles- an event or action that contradicts known scientific laws. That is what it means to be Born again and when you receive the Holy Ghost. Now days it doesn't hold true because a doctor can replace a heart, but not from God, so the difinition still is true. I received two miracles My heart that I was born with was removed and replaced by one from God. Then, thirty days later after my body was clean I was given the Holy Ghost and without it there is no hope. You shoud read my, Elijah's Journal" and it will direct you to all kinds of good news.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 5:12PM #5
Elijah
Miracles- an event or action that contradicts known scientific laws. That is what it means to be Born again and when you receive the Holy Ghost. Now days it doesn't hold true because a doctor can replace a heart, but not from God, so the difinition still is true. I received two miracles My heart that I was born with was removed and replaced by one from God. Then, thirty days later after my body was clean I was given the Holy Ghost and without it there is no hope. You shoud read my, Elijah's Journal" and it will direct you to all kinds of good news.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2008 - 10:53AM #6
miraclestudies
The new Third Edition of the authorized Course officially published by The Foundation for Inner Peace now contains a gold seal on the cover in order to distinguish it from the unauthorized versions that are now being sold by other organizations. The gold seal contains this statement:

The only complete Course as authorized by its scribe & published by its original publisher.

The unauthorized versions do not include the Preface to the Text, the "Clarification of Terms" addendum to the Manual for Teachers, the two supplementary pamphlets: The Song of Prayer and Psychotherapy: Purpose, Process and Practice, all of which is channeled material scribed in the same way that the Course was scribed, except for the first two sections of the Preface which were written by Helen Schucman herself. Furthermore, the unauthorized versions do not contain any of the corrections included in  the Second Edition after a careful, painstaking editorial review which discovered some inadvertent errors that had entered into the original transcribing from Helen's notes. These errors were minor, being primarily of the grammatical kind, but they also involved some inadvertently omitted passages.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook