7 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2007 - 10:52AM #1
Nadirah
Welcome! Please tell us a bit about yourself.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2007 - 2:32PM #2
obiman
Thanks for the welcome.  I am an old fashioned Landmark Missionary Baptist minister in the southern region of America.  I am old fashioned and traditional, but I have no problem with progressiveness in church.  After all, we have progressed from coal oil lights and wood stoves to air conditioning, electric lights, and other modern things.  As long as Jesus can be glorified and The Father worshipped, why should people major on minor things whild minoring on major things such as salvation?  Once Jesus cleans up a soul on the inside, that person will desire to do what is right on the outside.   

I love good choir and old classic quartet music.  My church is a  loving church and loves to fellowship and enjoy being Christians.  I pray that God will bless each one in this thread!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2008 - 2:23PM #3
Anjoyla
I have a question for you since you are a Baptist Minister.   How different is the Baptist Faith compared to the Church of Christ Non Denominational faith, or the Pentacostal Faith?
I know there is a huge difference between Catholicism, Jewish Faith between these, but  I wondered about the difference.  I have family members spread in many religions and it seems their particular religion is the right one for everyone. So as the youngest female in my family , I know what I believe, I do not know what it necessarily falls into though I attend with all my siblings, and family members church.  At this point I am tired of everyone thinking their religion is the right one.  My parents switched churches.  They were Baptist then United Church of Christ then Church of Christ now back to UCC.  And my siblings are catholic, baptist, methodist, jewish , atheist ( I know it's not me though don't get any ideas)  I am the one that tries to pacify everyone with me attending either Saturday, Sunday morning and Sunday night.  At this point they all seem the same to me their God, communion, singing, praying, a sermon , offering ( baskets compared to dog catcher thingies) to yamacas. 

At this point, I am tired.  I believe in God.  I believe in baptism.  I believe in the Bible. All of the BIBLE.  I believe in logic.  I believe Evolution is part of Genesis  A day in God's term could be thousands of years.  I know what I believe.  I believe in Grace.

Now the problem is what religion am I.  And how do I just go to that church without being pulled on by family?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2008 - 1:07AM #4
muffin8902

Oct 9, 2007 -- 10:52AM, Nadirah wrote:

Welcome! Please tell us a bit about yourself.

Hey y'all, My name is Sue & I'm a Pentecostal Christian... Please,keep me coverd in prayer...ty

Moderated by Merope on Jul 08, 2010 - 06:38PM
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook