Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Searching and learning
2 years ago  ::  May 30, 2015 - 10:11AM #1
Jupiter6208

I enjoyed this. Your thoughts.

youtu.be/LXTJfqLigEg

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 30, 2015 - 11:28AM #2
in_my_opinion

May 30, 2015 -- 10:11AM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

youtu.be/LXTJfqLigEg

Thanks for putting this on! It is indeed enjoyable. There were some points and implications brought up that were questionable, which should have been debated more rigorously, and at least one that was flat out wrong. But on the whole it was pretty good.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 30, 2015 - 1:41PM #3
world citizen

May 30, 2015 -- 11:28AM, in_my_opinion wrote:

May 30, 2015 -- 10:11AM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

youtu.be/LXTJfqLigEg

Thanks for putting this on! It is indeed enjoyable. There were some points and implications brought up that were questionable, which should have been debated more rigorously, and at least one that was flat out wrong. But on the whole it was pretty good.

One misleading comment had to do with the predicted world government of the future.  My two cents worth:

The Universal House of Justice (UHJ) cannot, under any circumstances, abrogate or amend any Laws from the Kitab-i-Aqdas (Book of Laws).  Civilizations advance.  At the time of the Bab, Baha'u'llah and 'Abdu'l-Baha, for instance, technological advances known to us in the 21st century were non-existent.  Who can predict what man will encounter in the 26th century?  The UHJ has the Authority, after due consultation and unanimous decision, to issue laws as needed by the Baha'is of that Age until the next Revelation from God and its newly revealed Laws.

The foretold "world government" does NOT necessarily equate with the global UHJ of the Baha'is.  Those who are not Baha'i will still be governed by the secular legislators, in whatever form that world government might take centuries from now.

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love.  ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook