Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View 2nd largest Religion
3 years ago  ::  May 25, 2015 - 1:11PM #11
in_my_opinion

Actually, we're required to consult upon everything; it is a Baha'i Law:

"Take ye counsel together in all matters, inasmuch as consultation is the lamp of guidance which leadeth the way, and is the bestower of understanding."

(Baha'u'llah, Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 168)

"Consult upon every matter and when one presents the point of view of the reality itself, that shall be acceptable to all. Then will spiritual unity increase among you, individual illumination will be greater, happiness more abundant and you will draw nearer and nearer to the Kingdom of God."

('Abdu'l-Bahá: Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 183)

"The principle of consultation, which constitutes one of the basic laws of the Administration, should be applied to all Bahá'í activities which affect the collective interest of the Faith, for it is through cooperation and continued exchange of thoughts an views that the cause can best safeguard and foster its interests. Individual initiative, personal ability and resourcefulness, though indispensable, are, unless supported incapable of achieving such a tremendous task."

(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, August 30, 1933: Bahá'í News, No. 79, pp. 3-4, November 1933)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 25, 2015 - 1:32PM #12
in_my_opinion

May 17, 2015 -- 2:37PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

Wow just seen this. Anyone here from there?

www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/h...

Lived there for a few years. Does that count?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook