Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
3 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2015 - 8:15PM #1
in_my_opinion

Okay, here we are.

A lot of us have talked with God.

Go ahead and start the discussion.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2015 - 5:14PM #2
Aka_me

I'm thinking the point the thread is something along the lines of

why do Baha'i teaching campaigns focus on topics such as:

building community

the power of prayer

ending racism

achieving unity

education is not a crime

without any focus on topics involving God?

yahoo search on Baha'i teaching campaign

google search on Baha'i teaching campaign

not finding a single link taking the opportunity to discuss God

imho attracting social activitists will likely produce a high turn over rate because they weren't looking for God or theology.

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2015 - 1:56AM #3
in_my_opinion

Apr 26, 2015 -- 5:14PM, Aka_me wrote:

I'm thinking the point the thread is something along the lines of

why do Baha'i teaching campaigns focus on topics such as:

building community

the power of prayer

ending racism

achieving unity

education is not a crime

without any focus on topics involving God?

yahoo search on Baha'i teaching campaign

google search on Baha'i teaching campaign

not finding a single link taking the opportunity to discuss God

imho attracting social activitists will likely produce a high turn over rate because they weren't looking for God or theology.

So, it looks like you don't really want to talk about God either, huh.

Yuh wouldn' be one of them thar soshull activice yo'self would ya?

Attracting "social activists" usually means meeting sincere do-gooders; they are exactly what the world needs! There will always be plenty of seeds that will fall on infertile ground to sprout and dry out with the first near drought. But some of them grow to become huge trees which blossom and cast seeds in their turn.

Each teaching campaign, indeed each era of such efforts is different; read the history of the Faith and you will notice that they all meet the needs of the times and further the desire of the active, loyal, adherents of the Cause to move the hearts of various peoples. That's one of the reasons why this Faith has consistently been the planet's first or second fastest growing world religion.

No Believer has to march along with any particular programs of teaching, but none of us are to argue and dissent against how other Friends teach, either; especially not the activities that the institutions promote!

If, you can demonstrate clearly by being successful at your own way of teaching; then, your way will be pursued and replicated. That's how, and why, the Ruhi activities were adopted and propagated worldwide.

Just tossing theoretical spaghetti at a putative ceiling is mere waste of good food. You can teach in your own way, and good luck with that, but always remember that every Believer has only one vote and there's no campaigning allowed.

The Administrative Order itself is the way we are kept unified. Creeping outside it puts people closer to the edge of a merry-go-round where the centripetal hold has to be strong or the First Law of Motion will cast off those who can't keep a grip. (Sorry, sometimes a little physics sneaks out!)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2015 - 2:22AM #4
Aka_me

my bad... as it's your thread you decide what it was intended to discuss.

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2015 - 9:18PM #5
in_my_opinion

Apr 27, 2015 -- 2:22AM, Aka_me wrote:

Thought that you wanted to talk about God, and just facilitated by starting the thread for you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2015 - 10:31PM #6
in_my_opinion

"CLVI. He Who is the Eternal Truth hath, from the Day Spring of Glory, directed His eyes towards the people of Baha, and is addressing them in these words: "Address yourselves to the promotion of the well-being and tranquillity of the children of men. Bend your minds and wills to the education of the peoples and kindreds of the earth, that haply the dissensions that divide it may, through the power of the Most Great Name, be blotted out from its face, and all mankind become the upholders of one Order, and the inhabitants of one City. Illumine and hallow your hearts; let them not be profaned by the thorns of hate or the thistles of malice. Ye dwell in one world, and have been created through the operation of one Will. Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love."

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 333)

We should heed both the words, and the spirit of the words.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2015 - 2:35AM #7
Aka_me

Apr 27, 2015 -- 9:18PM, in_my_opinion wrote:

Thought that you wanted to talk about God, and just facilitated by starting the thread for you.

the interest was in the message of teaching campaigns.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2015 - 8:53AM #8
in_my_opinion

Apr 28, 2015 -- 2:35AM, Aka_me wrote:

Apr 27, 2015 -- 9:18PM, in_my_opinion wrote:

the interest was in the message of teaching campaigns.

The Message is the "message" of all teaching.

It is the prophecies fulfilled.

It is all the main principles.

It is world peace, through world unity, through world government.

It is recognition of God's Messenger, and loving/living God's Word.

There are many ways of explaining the Faith and everyone has a different path to becoming a Believer, if God accepts that seeker.

So it is, that all Baha'is teach the Cause in various ways and any teaching program, system, and/or campaign, is also bound to be at least somewhat different from the rest.

Some prefer the scent and color of flowers, some recline on sunny glade-like lawns, some want the taste of graped vines, some come to admire the trees and savor their fresh fruit, some the bush with its tangy berries; some follow the baying of the hounds, some the ducklings in the streams, some climb the trees after the cats; but it is all the same garden.

It matters not by which gate you enter the garden, or even if you climb over the wall while being chased by the constable, like Majnun. What counts is finally being in the embrace of the Beloved.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2015 - 9:23AM #9
Aka_me

how far down this list must one go

to find an official teaching campaign TOPIC which is focused on God

as opposed to "education is not a crime" or "human rights"

I'm 10 pages in... and those are the only topics I'm able to locate.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2015 - 3:46PM #10
in_my_opinion

Apr 29, 2015 -- 9:23AM, Aka_me wrote:

how far down this list must one go

to find an official teaching campaign TOPIC which is focused on God

as opposed to "education is not a crime" or "human rights"

I'm 10 pages in... and those are the only topics I'm able to locate.

How far up this thread must we go to find a post from you which is "... focused on God ..." as opposed to how the Friends are obeying, and how you are criticizing? We're ten posts in... and these have been the only posts located here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook