Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View dissent against government
3 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2015 - 1:04AM #21
Aka_me

Apr 23, 2015 -- 6:52PM, in_my_opinion wrote:

Apr 22, 2015 -- 9:50PM, Aka_me wrote:

in all likelihood... simply beginning such a conversation would produce the decision to go inactive and resign LSA membership.

currently keep postponing the decision to do so believing the test will be over shortly.

The Faith, and future of mankind, means so very little to you, that you would rather withdraw and stop serving than to obey its laws; is that correct?

no, that's not anywhere near correct.

my wife and I went to Easter mass at the Catholic church... and heard how the congregation is building community through many different activities such as housing for homeless people and creating unity by reaching out to other religions in community activities.

there are also religious organizations made up of very moral and ethical individuals such as Mormons who are active in community affairs like the Optimists Club, meaning those religions achieve much greater visibility through exemplary individuals than the Baha'i Faith because of their overall higher membership.

my test is one of continuing to do the same actions (teaching)

and expecting different results (being heard through a cacaphony of noise, by people wanting to discuss God's plan for humanity in this dispensation).

my test is one of trying to understand why continue pouring precious time and energy into efforts that yield ZERO results.

the 1-800-22-unite campaign is a perfect example... it didn't work, and that doesn't bother me.

what bothers me is that, imho we are being pushed by MONEY MONEY MONEY give more money, and TIME TIME TIME spend more time teaching

which will end up just like 1-800-22-unite ended up.

if growth of the Faith requires more money... then the Faith should create profit generating businesses and stop setting unrealistic goals.

1. I'm nearing burnout

2. I think current efforts amount to wasting time. primarily because the very topic that distinguishes the Baha'i Faith from man made religions is impossible for 99% of Baha'is to discuss due to phobia that conversations on God will turn into argument.

and I believe taking a break from the Faith now would allow me to come back energized, motivated, happy, and excited to serve

rather than exhausted at the prospect of more decades of service as a treasurer with constant pressure to do home visits, teaching, ruhi classes, junior youth classes, etc etc etc

I have ZERO DOUBT in Baha'u'llah, or the Baha'i Faith, as the only solution for today's multiple crises

rather, it's ZERO CONFIDENCE in reaching the people who are in valley of search because we can't seem to discuss God.

we won't experience growth by advertising the wrong message which attracts the wrong audience. we are attracting social activitists who are likely to turn off and leave when they encounter talk about God.

we HAVE to talk about God... to attract people looking for God.

failure of the believers to gain traction toward entry by troops due to:

1. the believers' inability to discuss God

2. a society unwilling to contemplate spirituality outside the religion of their parents

is perfectly OK

because victory will happen but NOT by the teaching efforts of the believers, victory will come about because of the collapse of the old world order.

then the noise will die down, the audience will be ready eager to listen, and our efforts will be productive.

imho, all we have to do is hold the fort down until the old world order falls apart around us. it is at that point that I want to be energized ready to rock and roll.

without a vacation there won't BE any energy when that day comes.

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2015 - 8:11PM #22
in_my_opinion

Apr 24, 2015 -- 1:04AM, Aka_me wrote:

1. I'm nearing burnout

2. I think current efforts amount to wasting time. primarily because the very topic that distinguishes the Baha'i Faith from man made religions is impossible for 99% of Baha'is to discuss due to phobia that conversations on God will turn into argument.

and I believe taking a break from the Faith now would allow me to come back energized, motivated, happy, and excited to serve

rather than exhausted at the prospect of more decades of service as a treasurer with constant pressure to do home visits, teaching, ruhi classes, junior youth classes, etc etc etc

I have ZERO DOUBT in Baha'u'llah, or the Baha'i Faith, as the only solution for today's multiple crises

rather, it's ZERO CONFIDENCE in reaching the people who are in valley of search because we can't seem to discuss God.

we won't experience growth by advertising the wrong message which attracts the wrong audience. we are attracting social activitists who are likely to turn off and leave when they encounter talk about God.

we HAVE to talk about God... to attract people looking for God.

failure of the believers to gain traction toward entry by troops due to:

1. the believers' inability to discuss God

Well then we can discuss your desire for discussion. Will start a thread right here. It will be titled "God". There's absolutely no shortage of quotations.

What this one found strange was someone courageous enough to risk his spiritual health fighting for Covenant-breakers, but not being willing to hear out an Auxiliary Board Member on a relatively mild issue that would maybe get him a warning and deepening, while at most losing administrative rights which would be practically (but not exactly) the same as resigning, except that the LSA has a right to refuse to accept his resignation, among a few other important differences.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2015 - 2:29AM #23
Aka_me

Apr 24, 2015 -- 8:11PM, in_my_opinion wrote:

What this one found strange was someone courageous enough to risk his spiritual health fighting for Covenant-breakers

asking questions should never be confused with fighting for anything.

there is no courage in asking "how did Joe Blow end up on the CB's list?"

and there is no risk to spiritual health when Joe Blow is not of a CB sect, or pursuading me of anything. he thought of himself as Haifan Baha'i with no clue why that isn't possible.

using even the smallest amount of reason would conclude there is no danger.

unfortunately all the Baha'i he'd ever met blindly followed orders to cut off contact without using any reason or asking any questions.

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2015 - 9:16PM #24
in_my_opinion

Apr 27, 2015 -- 2:29AM, Aka_me wrote:

Apr 24, 2015 -- 8:11PM, in_my_opinion wrote:

What this one found strange was someone courageous enough to risk his spiritual health fighting for Covenant-breakers

asking questions should never be confused with fighting for anything.

there is no courage in asking "how did Joe Blow end up on the CB's list?"

and there is no risk to spiritual health when Joe Blow is not of a CB sect, or pursuading me of anything. he thought of himself as Haifan Baha'i with no clue why that isn't possible.

using even the smallest amount of reason would conclude there is no danger.

unfortunately all the Baha'i he'd ever met blindly followed orders to cut off contact without using any reason or asking any questions.

And none of them figured out why they were being shunned? Seems hard to believe, no?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2015 - 2:33AM #25
Aka_me

Apr 27, 2015 -- 9:16PM, in_my_opinion wrote:

And none of them figured out why they were being shunned? Seems hard to believe, no?

none of them had the first idea what had happened two generations ago because those that had pasted did not explain.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2015 - 8:58AM #26
in_my_opinion

Apr 28, 2015 -- 2:33AM, Aka_me wrote:

none of them had the first idea what had happened two generations ago because those that had pasted did not explain.

None of them read the writings? came across the community? was the Cause just a name by which they were named?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2015 - 9:00AM #27
in_my_opinion

"... pasted ..."?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2015 - 9:32AM #28
world citizen

Apr 29, 2015 -- 9:00AM, in_my_opinion wrote:

"... pasted ..."?

I think it was supposed to be "had passed ..."

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love.  ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2015 - 9:35AM #29
world citizen

Aka_me,

Thank you for sharing that beautiful video of "The Fire Tablet."  Smile

a Manifestation of God asks where is the Eternal One

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love.  ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2015 - 10:27AM #30
Aka_me

Apr 29, 2015 -- 9:32AM, world citizen wrote:

Apr 29, 2015 -- 9:00AM, in_my_opinion wrote:

"... pasted ..."?

I think it was supposed to be "had passed ..."

you are correct. I had a very long post where I explained my dependence on auto-correction with an explanation of how my friend's parents became CB'ers, then canceled the post as there is no value in continuing to discuss his history.

the point which may or may not be understood by others...

is that I believe REASON should take precidence over obeying hard and fast rules.

obeying the rule to shun CB's was not necessary in this situation because he was not suffering from any spiritual disease.

the probability of being officemates with this person is too astronomical to have been coincidence, and I am greatful for the opportunity to carry out the Will of God in correcting this family's standing within the Baha'i Faith.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook