Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Wicca: New Age and Blue Star
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2015 - 11:35AM #1
Ravenmew

There are various forms of Wicca, into which is most noted for Blue Star, Melchizedek and New Age.  Blue Star Wiccans are known for their spells, something mainstream Wiccans rarely do. Melchizedek Wiccans have their own beliefs regarding Gaia, their own version of the Sabbats -- even their own spells.  New Age Wicca is similar to born-again Christianity since they are full of spirit.  You are free to discuss this provided (1) the content complies with Beliefnet's Code of Conduct and (2) the discussions are civil.  What you put out will be returned three times, so be careful of what you say.  I am not a bard.  I am creating this thread just for fun.  Relax!

Blessed be. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2015 - 4:37PM #2
Ravenmew

Wicca is the easiest of all religions to practice because what we do for good or evil will be returned three times, not to mention the usage of magic and energy balance on a daily basis.  At the same time, there are 2.2 billion Wiccans on earth into whom made a sacrifice to keep the faith alive since it was founded by accident.  Of course,  once a religion is founded, there is no turning back.  Wiccans practice magic to ward off the mad sorceress Maitreya.

Ironically children and teenagers who become Wiccans are more traditional than adults and elders who do likewise, not to mention more conservative in politics.  Not only that, but younger Wiccans are more than likely to cope with stress as they mature.  Surprisingly, the Wiccan community has the lowest rate of teen sex, teen pregnancy and high school dropouts compared to all other religious communities.  This is because (1) sex is perceived as sacred, thus it is forbidden and (2) Wiccans have a great love of for life and literature.

Although Wicca was founded in A.D. 996 Breton, it was not practiced in the United States until the late 1920's, when Wiccans from Europe immigrated and introduced their religion to the country.  Accustomed mostly to Christianity, most Americans were shocked to hear of an old European religion on their soil.  The American Wiccans were persecuted until the 1980's, when New Age Wicca came to rise.  New Age Wicca is similar to born-again Christianity since they are full of spirit.  Wicca was based on the biblical Eden and hence the supreme miracle: the God and the Goddess.  Worldly pleasures, alcohol, sex and gambling are condemned because the faith is also a pantheon.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2015 - 9:54PM #3
Ravenmew

Wicca was based on the biblical Eden, hence the supreme miracle of the God and the Goddess.  Although Europeans have not set foot on China until the 13th century, Zelda stuied the Bible endlessly.She had dreams based on Eden.  Before her wedding, she was given a journal to write down her fantasies.  Instead, she made her journal a devotion to Eden.  When the priest read it, he contacted the Pope and on the Diet of Glastonbury he announced the birth of a new religion that was also a pantheon.  Zelda named it "Wicca" into which is a Gaelic word for "wisdom."  Over a millennium later, it slowly grew to be 2.2 billion, replacing Christianity as the largest world religion with 900 million

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2015 - 6:29PM #4
Ravenmew

The central belief of Wicca is that man is born in his own world and thus estranged from nature.  By reflecting on the Bible can one slowly destroy the imaginary world of man, obtain magical powers and become part of nature.  By being so, one will rest in peace if his/her degree of faith in God.  If the degree of faith is low, then one would become a shadow of oneself and sent to Hades for eternity.  Rebirth is optional.  Being a part of nature, man has magical powers because he has the ability to synthesize reality.  Have you heard of the catchphrase, "You create your own reality? . We cannot create reality, but we can orchestrate it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2015 - 4:21PM #5
Innerpoint

I read through the ramblings that have been stated here, and there were so many things (all but one) stated that I felt stood in dire need of discussion... but  I wasn't sure where to start.  Then, I thought about something else and did just a quick check...

Try a search on Mew Xacata and find the althistory site.  

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook