Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

3 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2015 - 12:47PM #1
world citizen
As most know, the new Badí calendar becomes effective next week on Naw Rúz.

We will not celebrate five days of Ayyám-i-Há next year, even though in the Gregorian calendar that will be a leap year.  It appears that the movement of Naw-Rúz to March 20 in 2016, and so the start of the fasting month of 'Ala' to March 1, takes away the need for an extra Intercalary Day next year.  It seems that the fifth Intercalary Day will now fall in 2017, when Naw-Rúz will also fall on March 20.
Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love.  ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2015 - 2:33AM #2
Aka_me
20 years... and I just started thinking I'm getting the hang of the calendar. I'm not even going to attempt understanding the changes.
I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2015 - 9:39AM #3
world citizen

In the past the Badí calendar was aligned with the solar calendar used in the West and the lunar calendar used in the East.  This meant that not all Bahá'ís celebrated the same Holy Days or holidays at the same time.  That will no longer be and it will now be a truly global calendar.  Local Spiritual Assemblies around the world are now all on the same page, so to speak.

And, yea!, Iraq has recently elected its first official LSA since the fall of Saddam Hussein.

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love.  ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook