Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
3 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2015 - 7:24PM #1
Ironhold

Suppose that there is irrefutable proof of sapient alien life.

Specifically, a space craft which has landed in your flower bed. Or something to that effect.

How would you respond? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2015 - 9:19AM #2
world citizen

I'd invite them in to share a pot of English Breakfast tea (provided, of course, that being that small, they didn't fall into the pot)!  Laughing

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love.  ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2015 - 1:25PM #3
in_my_opinion

"Know thou that every fixed star hath its own planets, and every planet its own creatures, whose number no man can compute."

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 162)

Humans will attempt to refute even the evidence of their senses and the reality which their own personal logic has proven to them. That happens on Beliefnet, too.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2015 - 1:34PM #4
in_my_opinion

Feb 13, 2015 -- 7:24PM, Ironhold wrote:

Suppose that there is irrefutable proof of sapient alien life.

Specifically, a space craft which has landed in your flower bed. Or something to that effect.

How would you respond? 

Just like we do on these fora: "Welcome to Earth!"

Then a bunch of questions: "How can we be of service? What is it like where you all evolved? Do you know any other sentient species?" etc.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2015 - 4:46PM #5
Aka_me

Feb 14, 2015 -- 1:34PM, in_my_opinion wrote:

Then a bunch of questions: "How can we be of service? What is it like where you all evolved? Do you know any other sentient species?" etc.

how many Manifestations has your planet received?

how much of the galaxy have you mapped?

why haven't you initiated open contact with humanity sooner?

are you familiar with the species that humans call greys?

are you familiiar with the allegations of greys abducting humans to perform medical experiments, human alien hybrids, and general pleasure in torturing humans?

are you familiar with the species that humans call Arcturians?

is the Arcturian concept of the Brotherhood of the All the same concept as Baha'i Manifestation of God?

is there a Federation where all recognized conscious beings are represented?

what happens to Borg like species that try to carry warfare across the galaxy?

is there any organized effort at work which is highjacking Baha'i concepts of Unity In Diversity (Baha'i Unity in Diversity) and New World Order (Baha'i New World Order)?

how long have outside beings been on earth, or in contact with humans, or influencing human events?

has your species achieved adulthood, as defined by the Baha'i Faith adulthood is achieved when no one has the greed to want to be president or king, and scientific understanding has achieved the transmutation of elements (turning copper to gold and back to copper, far more difficult than turning lead into gold and back. as was prophecied in the 1800's).

should we expect a "Unity of All Life" in the same manor that Baha'is are expecting a "Unity of All Humanity".

one GALAXY, one family, one consciousness in like fashion to one planet, one family, one people.

and that's only scratching the surface of my questions, I could triple that with ACTUAL answers from the aliens (ie not speculation from humans guessing at the answers).

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2015 - 12:49PM #6
world citizen

If their space craft was small enough to land in the flower bed, I'd imagine that the average human on this planet would just run over it with the lawn mower.  The other possibility is that, thinking it to be an abandoned toy, it might just get thrown into the dumpster.

If there were actual contact, would theirs necessarily be verbal if they are that small?  Would you not provide them with hospitality first to prove you're not hostile before plying them with fifty questions?  Maybe they would have a few questions of their own, providing there was no language barrier.

I'm thinking that any alien worth its salt wouldn't even attempt a landing on this backward planet.  It is still too aggressive and stone aged in comparison with one that can successfully traverse the galaxy.  So the craft that landed in the flower bed was probably malfunctioning, landed here in an emergency, can't take off again, and actually belonged in the dumpster.  Again, if they're that small, get rid of the spacecraft and keep its crew as pets.  They'd be much safer in someone's home than they would be if turned over to the authorities.

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love.  ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2015 - 3:49PM #7
in_my_opinion

Feb 15, 2015 -- 12:49PM, world citizen wrote:

If their space craft was small enough to land in the flower bed, I'd imagine that the average human on this planet would just run over it with the lawn mower.  The other possibility is that, thinking it to be an abandoned toy, it might just get thrown into the dumpster.

If there were actual contact, would theirs necessarily be verbal if they are that small?

Our own technology (amplifiers) and ability to translate and figure out coded information could work for that and they probably would have already been able to use our own languages with us. 

Would you not provide them with hospitality first to prove you're not hostile before plying them with fifty questions?

Hospitality is insufficient proof of non-hostile intent. (Remember Hansel and Gretel's host?)

Maybe they would have a few questions of their own, providing there was no language barrier.

That is quite likely but by analyzing our communications they would know plenty about humans.

I'm thinking that any alien worth its salt wouldn't even attempt a landing on this backward planet.

Not true, explorers, academics and reporters take the wildest risks you would believe!

It is still too aggressive and stone aged in comparison with one that can successfully traverse the galaxy. 

Don't be too sure about that either. Marco Polo and a whole host of others did far more than that. In his case he went to a superior society.

So the craft that landed in the flower bed was probably malfunctioning, landed here in an emergency, can't take off again, and actually belonged in the dumpster. 

The "ET phone home" scenario is extremely unlikely. What do you do stranded with a flat and no spare on the highway? You use your cell phone to get road service, of course! They would not even have to do the equivalent of that, would they?

Again, if they're that small, get rid of the spacecraft and keep its crew as pets. 

Not this one's pets; they would all be far too dangerous to each other!

They'd be much safer in someone's home than they would be if turned over to the authorities.

Depends on the particular authorities to which we would refer and defer. Diplomacy is polite and concerned about inter-whatever (-biomic, -biospheric/planetary, -stellar, -galactic, -dimensional) relations; but, we have human life-forms that are not above hostage-taking and ransom-seeking!

Also, we have quite likely several unknown "species/subspecies" of observers already among us or quietly hidden in plain sight. How do you know that your own pets aren't some type of biological listening devices worming their way into your affections and trying to understand you while reporting back somewhere to someone?

Treat Fido, Cleo and Polly nicely and lovingly; that goes for Fang, Claws and Talonbeak, too!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2015 - 3:17PM #8
Aka_me

Feb 15, 2015 -- 12:49PM, world citizen wrote:

I'm thinking that any alien worth its salt wouldn't even attempt a landing on this backward planet.  It is still too aggressive and stone aged in comparison with one that can successfully traverse the galaxy.

should we assume there are no borg like beings?

or should we assume the probability of borg like beings FINDING earth is too small to be practical?

why would various beings across the galaxy have to all be good intentioned?

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2015 - 5:27PM #9
in_my_opinion

Feb 16, 2015 -- 3:17PM, Aka_me wrote:

should we assume there are no borg like beings?

No.

or should we assume the probability of borg like beings FINDING earth is too small to be practical?

No. But it is possibly true that such a pattern as borgs would in itself be unlikely. Why assimilate extra-specific whole organisms when you can just repattern your own genome with a pattern you might find useful on mere observation? the same goes with ideas or other new knowledge, no?

why would various beings across the galaxy have to all be good intentioned?

Oh, that's just "assuming goodwill" and being polite. All are on the path of improvement. "There is none good but One."

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2015 - 8:23PM #10
Aka_me

Feb 16, 2015 -- 5:27PM, in_my_opinion wrote:

Oh, that's just "assuming goodwill" and being polite. All are on the path of improvement. "There is none good but One

curious... you familiar with the Raelian religion?

Various religious prophets and founders such as the Buddha, Jesus, Moses, etc. are also considered prophets of the Elohim, chosen and educated by the Elohim to reveal their message to humanity in stages.

wanting humanity to worship them as gods.

and much like those worshiping a corporeal god, serves only to confuse people as to the actual message/revelation of the One.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook